Very young baby chick has overgrown beak

Tiffy316

Songster
5 Years
Mar 30, 2019
I have a very young baby chick with a severely overgrown beak. She's a silver laced wyondotte. She's very young, less than a week old. She was obky avout a few days old or less when I got her a few days ago, so she's very young. She's about the size of a golf ball. Despite her overgrown beak, she seems to be able to eat. I've seen her run around, scratch, abd at least attempt to eat with her sisters. I'm not sure what to do about her overgrown beak. Any advice?

I have a very young baby chick with a severely overgrown beak. She's a silver laced wyondotte. She's very young, less than a week old. She was obky avout a few days old or less when I got her a few days ago, so she's very young. She's about the size of a golf ball. Despite her overgrown beak, she seems to be able to eat. I've seen her run around, scratch, abd at least attempt to eat with her sisters. I'm not sure what to do about her overgrown beak. Any advice?
Can we have a picture from the side

Here she is

Attachments

• 0712201332a.jpg
    0712201332a.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 22
I don't know if it effects her ability to eat. It's definitely severely overgrown for her age. Not even my other chicken had it quite that bad. When that sort of thing happens, it can't exactly be filed down naturally without some sort of help.

Yeah, or just wait till she gets older to trim it since she'll be much bigger in just a few weeks. Hopefully, it won't affect her ability to eat. Is there anything I can try if it does. IDK how easy it will be to feed her if I have to pry open her little beak to get food in there with such a large overbite.

Back
Top Bottom