VetRx for Respiratory Infections-?

FarmerJohn3285

County Line Farms
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
Trenton, SC
Has anyone ever heard of VetRx Poultry Remedy? It says its for the temporary relief of symptoms caused by resp infects, colds, wheezing, and sniffles. My BO has been coughing, sneezing, and wheexing really bad for about a week now. My wife bought this VetRx stuff from our Southern States dealer. Do you think its worth it since its only temporary relief or should I cull her now and prevent the spread of it to the flock?

Yes and I have been using it for a respiratory issue I have been having, I have also used it for eye worms too with much success. However, Your birds symptoms sound like they need an antibiotic also. Mine started with watery bubbles in the eye then went into a sneezing and then coughin. I lost quite a few birds before somebody here gave me great advise. I gave injections of 2cc/ml of Tylan 50 into the breast of each bird 48 hours apart and there was a 80% improvement on just the second day! I also gace Oxcytetracicline in the water too.

I've recently used Vet Rx and i like the effects. My hen had a respiratory illness as well. The first use really cleaned out her nasal passage of alot of dust and debris. I do not believe it made her well but it did seem to make her a little more comfortable. She made a 95% comeback after giving her agrimycin. I had previously given a sulfer antibiotic with no improvement at all. None of the other chickens have had any symptoms at all and she was in with them for 5 days before I really saw how ill she was. Good Luck with your sick chicken!

I have a hen who every few weeks seems to get a hoarse laryngitis sounding voice. A little bit wheezy sounding, but her lungs sound clear. She never had any nasal or eye discharge. I've given her vet rx each time and she was better in a couple of days. When it is really cold temps out, I also put some in warm water in a small waterer and all the girls drink it and seem to like it alot. I keep thinking I will need to give my "asthmatic" sounding girl an antibiotic, but she always comes out of her respiratory episode using the vet rx.

Back
Top Bottom