vibrating chicks feel like they are "purring"?

Mine do this too. But they aren't cold, then I thought scared but I don't think so. I will start rubbing them and they will start vibrating/purring and go to sleep. They seem so content so I don't think it's scared but I'm having a hard time finding anything online. But seems like everyones chicks do it
Hi! Welcome to BYC! This is a reallyyyyyyy old thread, so I encourege you to start your own thread, where you can get more input from more people!

Mine do this too. But they aren't cold, then I thought scared but I don't think so. I will start rubbing them and they will start vibrating/purring and go to sleep. They seem so content so I don't think it's scared but I'm having a hard time finding anything online. But seems like everyones chicks do it
One of mine just did it. It was a little cold, so I picked it up and held it in my hand. It did the happy thrill, and fell asleep. Then out of nowhere, whole body vibration like a cat purr and cheeks puffing and large body breathing, mouth closed. I thought it was a respiratory problem, but it was sleeping very peacefully. I hope it's a happy and contented occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom