Victims of TSC/Feed stores unite! Post Pics!!

These two little buggers from TSC have been with us for the past 11 days. I believe they are both Khaki-Campbell ducks. There was only one white duckling in the shipment and he/she has two dark spots on its back. It also has a dark area around its right eye so I'm guessing the bird is just a non-standard color variation. We purchased the ducks for the three youngest grand kids and they have been a big hit. The little guy in the picture below has been up to see the ducks almost every night since we brought them home.

Two of the grand-kids with the little white guy.

Another admirer.

Adorable!! Both the ducklings and the dog.
tongue.png
Actually, it looks like you have 1 Khaki Campbell (the dark one) the other one, my best guess would be a Indian Runner duck. Does it stand a little more upright than the dark one? Either that or a bad colored Ancona.... Def. not a Kahki though. So glad your Grand kids enjoy them. Ducklings are messy, but SO sweet and so much fun. ENJOY!

Guilty as charged.
big_smile.png
. I went to ours in Leitchfield and bought four. Took them home much to the delight of my youngest . Then I got thinking, I want to keep a male and two females, plus Derpy who is the pet runt. THis leaves me with only one duck to eat.... So I ran back, but the ducks were gone. Luckily we had to finish cleaning our old house and there was a TSC with ducklings on the way... came home with four more pekins roughly the same age and from the same hatchery.

Mine hate me too!
Mine were pretty scared of me at first as well, but I spent a lot time with them, letting them sit in my lap (with a towel underneath of course) and just sitting next to their bin without moving towards them to prove I wasn't a threat. That plus peas and treats (though at first they were scared of those too!!) Now they are SUPER friendly, and love to nibble at my hands and play with me, won't follow me yet, but were moving towards that. So don't despair, it takes quite a bit of time, and effort but is so worth it!

Guilty as charged.
big_smile.png
. I went to ours in Leitchfield and bought four. Took them home much to the delight of my youngest . Then I got thinking, I want to keep a male and two females, plus Derpy who is the pet runt. THis leaves me with only one duck to eat.... So I ran back, but the ducks were gone. Luckily we had to finish cleaning our old house and there was a TSC with ducklings on the way... came home with four more pekins roughly the same age and from the same hatchery.
So convenient that there was another TSC along the way....
lol.png
Are all of them Pekins? Including Derpy (I have always had a soft spots for runts)? Would love to see some pics if you have them!

So convenient that there was another TSC along the way....
lol.png
Are all of them Pekins? Including Derpy (I have always had a soft spots for runts)? Would love to see some pics if you have them!
Oh there is also a Orschelns on the way too(and I know where a southern States is ). Yes they are all Pekins. I picked the little one on purpose thinking tiny would be a girl. My son insisted on also getting some blue Swedish when my Embden geese and jumbo pekins come later in april. Right now I don't have any pics. Will get some once I can get them back outside during the day,but for now its cruddy outside.

well, since my doctor yook me off work for the next 12 weeks and i can hardly walk, looks like i will have some time on my hands to be able to love dem and hug dem and kiss dem amd squeeze dem ALLLLLL over. They. WILL. love. me. Dammit!

Back
Top Bottom