victory this am!!!

kimt816

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 13, 2008
kernersville, nc
the one time i didnt lock up my hens i come down to a racket in the coop this am to feed the babies, my dog was raising holy heck on the back side of the coop. i finished feeding grabbed my shovel ( dont ask me what i was going to do with a shovel LOL) and went to investigate and there it was a big ugly coon penned on top of the roof of the shed next to my coop. GOOD DOG.. anyway what to do..... i went to get gun... locked in safe.... cant open... cant remember combo UGHHHH .... this is my husbands safe mind you and i dont like to shoot but i was going to do something... called hubby he was going to come home and shoot it... cant wait that long called neighber who was trying to help me trap them ..something had been getting to the babies a few weeks ago then stopped when i set out traps go figure. Well long story shorter lol friend showed up shot not one but TWO ugly coons.. strike one up for the chickens and the guard dog steak dinner for him tonight....
big_smile.png

Kim, don`t let your guard down. bout 2 years ago I had a coon seige. They were trap smart and wouldn`t go near a trap. Ended up killing 9 of them. Of course they killed 13 chickens and a duck before I got them all. Had to resort to The Recipe to finally put a stop to the carnage. I don`t have any $5 chickens. I breed exotic gamefowl and don`t own a feather worth less than $150. Bout made me sick before it finally stopped.

i know that teaches me not to lock up the girls rain or no rain. they will be penned tonight and from here on out for sure. traps are still set but like you said they didnt even bother with them. got my gun handy now though and of course my guard dog lol:)

droolin.gif
skin raccoon,,boil untill tender,brown in bacon or fatback grease,serve with cornbread and mashed potatoes,surprising how good they taste,and they won,t be harressing your chickens either,could add a bowl of turnip greens ,oops,,wrong thread,,,

Back
Top Bottom