1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Videos of KK and I in the ring

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
  2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    she looked wonderful. But you were robbed!!

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Awesome! I know how proud you must be! I have never shown dogs, but i show horses and I am always very proud when we do well!!

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Load of horse-hockey!

K did SO much better and her topline was SMOOTH!

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I think she should have won in that second video.

6. Redyre Rotties

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    The second one is just a continuation of the Bred by Exhibitor class. I will say I was shocked when it all went down like that.

7. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    The grump handled by the lady in pink -- UGH. I am not a conformation expert, but knowing dogs and some structure, what is not good and what is better... I have to say that dog that won had a terrible croup, going right into a bad tail set. The dog did have a little more muscle it seems, but was also a little chubby. Maybe a more mature dog? Katie I noticed is east west in front, and especially on her left side. The other dog that won over her was also slightly east-west but I really think over all KK has a better front. Not sure about shoulders though -- black dogs with a lot of flesh over the shoulders on a tape with not so great resolution. Hard to really see the shoulder action. KK definately has a better tail set and better more classic head. She also has better bone, but might lack a little muscle.

That dog that won stacked quite differently than KK. KK is more forward, leaning into her front, the other dog had her hind feet too far under I think. Bad training or was that conformation forcing that stack? I have no clue.

8. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Well crap. I was so wanting you to take that win. [​IMG]

9. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I do not know much about dog showing but i love watching them and seeing all the breeds. This might be a stupid question but i know you keep treats on you in the ring for the dog. Is it true that most people keep them in their mouth? That is just what i have heard and always wondered. And KK is beautiful to by the way.

10. Redyre Rotties

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Well, if you watch the vid, you will see me pop the bait in my mouth. It is the quickest place to put it to hold it when you are showing the bite, stacking the dog, etc. Sometimes you have pockets, but it's always easiest to just shove it in your mouth. So the answer is yes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by