Videos**Then and Now: Duckling almost two weeks into niacin deficiency treatment. Any changes?

Pics

HilaryAkin

Songster
May 23, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Hi all,

I posted a couple weeks ago about one of my new ducklings being unable to put weight on one foot and being small. I started her and my other duckling on brewer's yeast and poultry cell, with the additional of 1 mg a day of Vitamin B Complex for my little wobbly duckling. Oh, and I try to do swimming therapy every day. I have posted a few videos. Just for reference, they are a little over three weeks.

The first is my duckling almost two weeks ago before starting all the vitamins and such.

The next is of her now.

The third of is my other duck (is she getting around okay? I worry about her too as every time I check on them they are just laying around and even the one that can walk okay has to be prodded to move at all)

Last one is of them both so you can see the comparison/difference between them both.

What do you guys think? Does the small one actually have a slipped hock tendon?? I just thought I would see some improvement by now...

Any insight would be MUCH appreciated.

What feed are they on?
It looks like the one has learned to walk on her hock.
The other one is slower than most ducklings, but maybe its compensating for its friend.
The recommended dose of the super b complex is 10mg.

@Miss Lydia

What feed are they on?
It looks like the one has learned to walk on her hock.
The other one is slower than most ducklings, but maybe its compensating for its friend.
The recommended dose of the super b complex is 10mg.

@Miss Lydia
They’re on the Purina duck food.

If she’s walking on her hock, is that reversible? Dangerous?

Yeah, she seems much less active than my other ducks I’ve raised. I hope she’ll end up healthy. I try to make them walk a bit and definitely swim. They love swimming together. Maybe I shouldn’t make the one walk that walks on her hocks?

Really?! Ugh I asked on here and was told 1mg. Does it matter their size? I can’t imagine doing 10 times what I was doing. She barely takes any of the 1mg and screams the whole time.

Thanks for your reply!!

Back
Top Bottom