Help! 2 week old Duckling

Sheri2009

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2024
My duckling was 2 weeks old yesterday. They started acting wobbly wouldn't eat or drink but could get up, run, still stumble around and was very sleepy. A few hours later I woke up to them even worse and can hardly walk, if they try to walk they fall topple around so they sorta shuffle their way around. Won't eat or drink and cant make their mind up on being under the heat lamp or away from it. They were acting perfectly find the first half of the day! I've tried to get him or her to drink but they won't drink the electrolytes or regular water. I don't know what to do! they are breathing a little heavy now as well. I can't get the video to load...

I wanted to add that earlier this evening it got pretty warm and I had to cool down their area, but they seemed totally fine at dinner time and then a while after about bed time they where not well.

One more thing, I just checked on her and she is making a little bit if sounds when she breaths now... and is breathing harder.

Thanks!

Last edited:
My duckling was 2 weeks old yesterday. They started acting wobbly wouldn't eat or drink but could get up, run, still stumble around and was very sleepy. A few hours later I woke up to them even worse and can hardly walk, if they try to walk they fall topple around so they sorta shuffle their way around. Won't eat or drink and cant make their mind up on being under the heat lamp or away from it. They were acting perfectly find the first half of the day! I've tried to get him or her to drink but they won't drink the electrolytes or regular water. I don't know what to do! they are breathing a little heavy now as well. I can't get the video to load...

I wanted to add that earlier this evening it got pretty warm and I had to cool down their area, but they seemed totally fine at dinner time and then a while after about bed time they where not well.

One more thing, I just checked on her and she is making a little bit if sounds when she breaths now... and is breathing harder.

Thanks!
How's the feed? Is it by chance moldy?

Sounds like they got into some mold somewhere.
Hmm ok, the other duckling is completely fine just this one is affected. They are still inside in a pool. Change shavings daily, change food and water twice a day, and the feed bag is only a couple days old but a tiny bag and looks completely fine.

Hmm ok, the other duckling is completely fine just this one is affected. They are still inside in a pool. Change shavings daily, change food and water twice a day, and the feed bag is only a couple days old but a tiny bag and looks completely fine.
Your first post stated there were more then one affected. Makes things confusing.

Back
Top Bottom