Help! Duck having trouble breathing

Loosiegoosie

Chirping
Feb 6, 2021
It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here for help which is good…one of my ducks had a tussle with one of my geese. She was found flapping around unable to walk in their pen. The first.few days she could breathe fine. She was eating and drinking with added electrolytes. Then she started having breathing issues where she’s taking taking huge mouth breaths every few seconds. She’s stopped sting but still drinking…it’s been a week. Is there a way to tell if it’s a ruptured air sac, or a collapsed lung? I’ve got her on medicated fish food…oxytetracycline so no infections will develop and have Baytril on the way. Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_5538.jpeg
    IMG_5538.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 10
I forgot to mention thinking she had a concussion since she had some blood in her right eye. She also lost use of her right foot but retains the ability to move her legs and her left foot. She’s now coughing…or it kind of sounds like coughing but she shakes her head after like she’s got water on her. Also she lost her booming loud voice the first few days. She has a bit of a croak now…like laryngitis.

Back
Top Bottom