gasping for breath

Good morning! I have been out of town and I recently came back to my cayuga hen sick.

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
- Cayuga, 3 years old, thin and light with an empty crop but usually she is heavy
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
- Lethargic, sleeping excessively, gasping for every breath of air, breathing deeply, and a squeaky quack instead of her deep loud quack
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
- 4 days
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
- the only other duck but only the breathing a bit otherwise he seems fine and all the chickens are symptom free
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
- no
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
- unsure
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
- barely if not at all eating, drinking, and swimming and she loves eating and swimming
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
- unsure but I will update
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
- none as I just found out
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
- treating her myself and I will buy anything at the feed store
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
- N/A
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
- duck hutch with straw bedding and an aviary with mulch

tia
Just had a major respiratory issue with chicken and got Tiagard from Amazon (denegard) and it helped overnight with major breathing issues.
my other duck has slight symptoms too unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom