Videos**Then and Now: Duckling almost two weeks into niacin deficiency treatment. Any changes?

Something is def wrong is the little ones hock swollen?

How do they move when swimming?

Both are getting 1 ml daily?
When she was about a week it looked more swollen and bruised even when compared to the other one. Now it looks similar to the other hock that she puts weight on. I’ll take pics of them tomorrow. I’d love to get your opinion as to if one looks swollen comparatively.

They love swimming, moving both legs, diving under, all that. I notice the little one doesn’t fully extend her hurt leg as much as the other even when swimming.

They are not, only the little one. Should I give the other 1 ml daily too?

I'd def give them both since the other one seems to be moving slowly.
Getting some good pics of back of her leg and then comparing both legs.

Sounds like they enjoy water which is good. They need water therapy to get those leg muscles strong enough to be able to carry their heavy bodies.
I'm sorry I don't remember did you hatch these ducklings?

I'd def give them both since the other one seems to be moving slowly.
Getting some good pics of back of her leg and then comparing both legs.

Sounds like they enjoy water which is good. They need water therapy to get those leg muscles strong enough to be able to carry their heavy bodies.
I'm sorry I don't remember did you hatch these ducklings?
Will do! I’ll start that tomorrow. That along with good pics of the back of my little ones legs.

I did not. I ordered them and had them shipped which I don’t know was a good idea now. I was looking for companions for my lonely female duck. She tries so hard to follow along with my chickens but felt she needed a friend or two after her mate died.

Did the leg problem show up right when you got them?
Just trying to get an idea if possible this could have been something that happened in the egg or possibility an injury during shipping. I have also heard that when these hatcheries do sexing can damage hips of ducklings if they are not careful.

Do they have a good appetite?

Did the leg problem show up right when you got them?
Just trying to get an idea if possible this could have been something that happened in the egg or possibility an injury during shipping. I have also heard that when these hatcheries do sexing can damage hips of ducklings if they are not careful.

Do they have a good appetite?
Honestly, I didn’t notice it until about she was about a week. Every time I checked on them they didn’t really love and I didn’t want to pressure them too much as I figured they were stressed. I am just not sure.

I have a camera on them now and they both eat. Not sure exactly how much they’re supposed to go through but they’re definitely eating.

As long as they have a good appetite.
That was next I was going to ask if she had felt along the back of the leg to see if the tendon was out of place. Thank you @Quatie
I have felt the back of her leg and along the sides, even when I first suspected it could be a slipped tendon, but didn't feel anything obvious then or now (I checked this morning). Here are some pics of her legs. Hopefully these give a clear enough picture. I can see she is wearing her skin down on the hock of the hurt leg :(

Attachments

• Injured leg.jpg
    Injured leg.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 2
  • Injured leg 2.jpg
    Injured leg 2.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Uninjured leg.jpg
    Uninjured leg.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Both legs.jpg
    Both legs.jpg