vinegar in drinking water?

I've been told about the benefits for dogs. Hadn't heard for birds, but it makes sense. The person who told me said a capful to a gallon of water.

The jelly fish thingy is the mother!!!
big_smile.png
If you would have taken that jelly fish thingy and put it in a bowl with some raw apple cider, you could have made raw apple cider vinegar, and the jelly fish thingy would have reproduced itself and been as big as the opening of the container you put it in.
celebrate.gif
Just like Kombucha-anybody make Kombucha?
wee.gif
It gives ya lots of energy!!
woot.gif

Quote:
Actually, the "mother" is the starter for a new batch of vinegar, and yes, it is not strained and has "floaties" in it-good for you floaties.

Raw ACV is extremely healthy for you. It is high in potassium, and is a general "picker upper" You've heard the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Well, as healthy as apples are for you, raw ACV is that much better for you!!!

I use it in my girls water just for the health benefits-I don't care that it keeps algae away since I clean the waterer pretty much everyday, it is that it is sooo healthy for them that I do it!!
smile.png

Ooohh! thank you for the info, one last question... Where would a person get this wonder tonic? I dont think my local grocery store is going to carry it!!
roll.png

Thanks again for the good info, I get so frustrated dumping out water at this time of year, when I have to haul it out to them, and they dont drink it before it goes nasty...

Our coop is just 10 feet from our back door-no lugging huge containers here!
smile.png
I don't blame you for wanting something that helps keep the water fresher!!
big_smile.png

Several people said they don't use apple cider vinegar in their water during winter months. Is there any particular reason? I've been using it every day since I read about it. Even in this frigid New England winter weather.

By the way, I found my bottle, with the so-called "mother" or apple sludge bits, in the organic/health food section of the supermarket.

I would be more apt to use it in the winter months, when my chickies are more cooped up!
tongue.png
Perhaps they recommend that because they are the ones that have to worry about algae, which I am assuming would be worse in the summer?
idunno.gif

Quote:
Actually, the "mother" is the starter for a new batch of vinegar, and yes, it is not strained and has "floaties" in it-good for you floaties.

Raw ACV is extremely healthy for you. It is high in potassium, and is a general "picker upper" You've heard the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Well, as healthy as apples are for you, raw ACV is that much better for you!!!

I use it in my girls water just for the health benefits-I don't care that it keeps algae away since I clean the waterer pretty much everyday, it is that it is sooo healthy for them that I do it!!
smile.png

Ooohh! thank you for the info, one last question... Where would a person get this wonder tonic? I dont think my local grocery store is going to carry it!!
roll.png

Thanks again for the good info, I get so frustrated dumping out water at this time of year, when I have to haul it out to them, and they dont drink it before it goes nasty...

Bragg's ACV is usually available at health food stores

Back
Top Bottom