Vines for coop and run?

jayjord

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 13, 2013
Billings, Montana
I haven't yet built a coop or even raised chickens before. I'm still figuring out designs for everything. Does anyone have any type of vines growing on the chicken wire around your runs? I think this would help blend the chicken area with the rest of my yard. What types of vines would good? Any kind that would be poisonous? Thanks for any feedback!!

morning glories are beautiful looking only problem is once you have them they need serious management otherwise they will take over everything

morning glories are beautiful looking only problem is once you have them they need serious management otherwise they will take over everything
True that! They are edible however, so if we have an abundance of morning glories we pick them, and throw them in green smoothies or give them to the birds for a good snack.

~ Aspen

We haven't yet, but plan to use a vining spinach, pole beans, squash and cucumbers. There'll be some clean up every year, but the DW insists.
hit.gif

Love all the ideas for vines. Great summer shade and something to peck at. Vining spinach is a really good idea.

Back
Top Bottom