Violetsfeathers Flock

I think I will name the two chicks Night, and Hawk, for lack of a better name. Usually when we have chicks their name changes when they are older.

Here is a video of marshmallow (the foster mom) that I took a while ago and figured out how to post it on YouTube. She is "singing" Let it Go

My brahma bantam roo, Pumpkin, attacked me because I was trying to catch one of the hens. Usually I kick him or grab him, this time I had a stick in my hand. So I whacked him with the stick a little too hard. On the head. He fell over flapping on the ground, I picked him up and he couldn't hold his head up. I thought he was going to die. I took him inside crying and told mom. By the time I was done talking to her he seemed okay so I put him down to see if he could stand, he did, even walked away from us. So I took him in the coop and he is having alone time, the girls seem lost without him (they are outside).

I feel so bad
1f62b.png
Please pray for him. I think he has a concussion. The stick was as big around as my thumb.

My brahma bantam roo, Pumpkin, attacked me because I was trying to catch one of the hens. Usually I kick him or grab him, this time I had a stick in my hand. So I whacked him with the stick a little too hard. On the head. He fell over flapping on the ground, I picked him up and he couldn't hold his head up. I thought he was going to die. I took him inside crying and told mom. By the time I was done talking to her he seemed okay so I put him down to see if he could stand, he did, even walked away from us. So I took him in the coop and he is having alone time, the girls seem lost without him (they are outside).

I feel so bad
1f62b.png
Please pray for him. I think he has a concussion. The stick was as big around as my thumb.

1f493.png
1f49d.png
1f496.png
I hope he'll be okay. I usually try pushing them down to the floor with one hand, and pushing their head down to the floor with the other to dominate them if my roosters get out of hand. (I'll admit they usually struggle so much I need to half sit on the to keep them there) but now they've learned their lesson they usually put their head down without me even touching them. Once again I hope he gets better <3

Pumpkin is doing much better this morning, his eye seems less puffy, it's open, and he's even crowing! I let him out with the hens, he seems normal/happy.
Thank you God.

Pumpkin is completely healed I think, but Muffin has mites.
I got Muffin and Pumpkin and Pearls along with 3 other bantam chicks in 2013, April 13. We sold the other 3 chicks. And Pearls died recently.
Muffin has been hurt (broken rib, bruised wing) and if she died Pumpkin would be the only one left of his batch. :(

Back
Top Bottom