Violetsfeathers Flock

My sister and I noticed Spice had been missing all day today. So Madison said she was going to look in the woods for her because she likes to hang out there. She came back screaming. I asked her what was wrong (although I had already guessed) and she said Spice was dead, there was a pile of her feathers in the woods.
We think a fox did it.
:hit :hit :hit

I'm sorry :( she was a beautiful hen.

I saw Squishy Dumpling flying at dusk out the window today. He wasn't in the coop tonight. I think he went to sleep at a pond...
I want to make a leg band for him that says 'raised by chickens'

Squishy Dumpling hasn't returned. Marshmallow and Dot are broody and I took some pics of the yearlings.

IMG_4384.JPG
IMG_4385.JPG

Stonefrost. He is my favorite rooster, Pebbles (barred Cochin) and Pumpkin (buff brahma) are his parents.

IMG_4403.JPG

Iceflame, Sweetie is his mom Huckleberry (blue Cochin with leakage) is his dad. He is so pretty but I might sell him :(

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

IMG_4362.JPG

This is Icewing, she is Iceflames sister. She's getting friendlier every day. She is the same age as Stonefrost, them two are the oldest.

IMG_4387.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4392.JPG
IMG_4394.JPG
IMG_4395.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG

Cloudberry and Ninja are just the cutest little puffballs, Marshmallow (white Cochin bantam) and Huckleberry (blue Cochin bantam with leakage) are their parents. Cloudberry (the gray one) has creamish leakage and Ninja (the black one) has orange leakage. They do everything together. And are very freindly. They had a brother, he looked like Ninja but I sold him and now I wish I hadn't. :(

Icewing has been laying eggs for a week or two ☺️ I have been trying to figure out who it was.

Iceflame and Blue are going to a new home Monday :( Iceflame is so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom