Viral infection solution pls

omalicha

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2016
Abuja
I just lost 20 chicks now. Vet says its viral... What can I do asap to prevent more deaths
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I just lost 20 chicks now. Vet says its viral... What can I do asap to prevent more deaths
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Likely not so much apart from vitamin supplements or electrolytes to help boost their immune system. Question is, if you do have some survivors, they may be carriers for life and possibly infect subsequent additions to your flock. Please don't be offended, but it may be better to have a total cull and begin again. I regret not doing so, in the past.

Ct

If they survive and I still feed them then sell them all off before starting afresh can that work?

If they survive and I still feed them then sell them all off before starting afresh can that work?

It would be very unfair and ethically inappropriate to sell sick birds to another poultry keeper.

Last edited:
Sell to poultry keeper? Broilers are for the meat. Selling them off if they survive means they are fed to the expected age and are bought by people that will eat the meat. I dint mean selling sick birds.

Sell to poultry keeper? Broilers are for the meat. Selling them off if they survive means they are fed to the expected age and are bought by people that will eat the meat. I dint mean selling sick birds.

I apologise, mind reading is not my strong point :confused:
Clarity and selecting the appropriate forum would help others to help you better (in addition to you not feeling the need to be rude)

Last edited:
Vet says gumboro

Well, since Gumboro disease can last in the droppings and facilities for weeks to months, you may want not raise any chickens for a period of time until you can get chicks again from someone who vaccinates his breeder birds. Since it causes immunity problems, infections would probably be common. Sorry that you are dealing with this problem.

Do u think genesis of this problem is from the farm I got the chicks from? Mine are 4weeks and had never had the gumboro vaccine . It's my Ist time breeding and the vet I initially used clearly is a piece of work!

Back
Top Bottom