Virginia Anyone???

Pics

Virginiapeeps

Chirping
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Independence, Virginia
Hi......I'm from Grayson county Virginia and I'm getting more chickens tomorrow.
wee.gif

There are a few of us around here! I know there are people in Russell andd Washington County, and I'm in Russell.

Congrats on your new chickens! I'm getting a new one tomorrow too and am REALLY excited. What kind are you getting? I'm getting a light Brahma.

I'm thinking a barred rock young rooster. I would also like to get 2 more pullet. The dh is having a cow. He thinks 6 hens is enough. He's ok getting the rooster ..... but he thinks I'm chicken crazy. I also have a 1 pekin duck & 1 mallard duck. I sorta went crazy at TSC one friday when he wasn't with me......
ep.gif
.......go figure.
big_smile.png

ROFL. My husband is having a very similar response. I told him I wanted 6 standard sized laying hens, and a rooster and he was fine with that. The six bantams he thinks I'm INSANE for, and don't even get him started on the dogs, cats, parrot, hamster and goat. I do animal rescue. H e grumbles and groans a lot ;-). The perfect partnership.

English mastiff..male....rescued DOES not like strangers...has to get to know you and than he'll love you forever.
French mastiff.....male...I bought from Oklahoma and had him flown in...go figure I've never been on a plane myself.
Beagle...female.VERY VERY overweight that my grown daughter left here when she joined Airforce.
Mutt...part lab....rescue..oldest of the bunch. Female
Jack Russell.....female and freebie someone was giving away & she's wild.
Border terrier......male....drove to PA for him.
onsense.....female and the love of the this household and youngest 7 months old.

onsense is the only one in the house.

dh husband states 7 dogs is the limit.

They sound like an awesome crew. We've got. Um, you know what? really not worth it. I've got a pomeranian and a poodle, both blind, who are absolutely the loves of our lives, and a little doxie who is about the same age as your shih-tzu. I almost want to set up a puppy play date for them somewhere *LOL*. I've got around the bend, clearly.

Back
Top Bottom