Virginia is for...

Cheryl

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 2, 2007
Milford, New Hampshire
Our Boston Chronicle show featured the Shenandoah National Park last night and the surrounding area. What a beautiful place to live nearby, (and visit) all you Virginians should be proud. Now I want to come and visit!!!

My husband is from Roanoke Virginia. WHen I first went down there to meet his folks I fell in love with the Blue Ridge Mts. Unfortunately, he can't live down there for career purposes. Just doesn't have the tech. market he's into. I know he'd like to go back home one day. His whole family lives there and they are all close.

We moved to Virginia almost 7 years ago now and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it. When my hubby was offered a job transfer from Ky to Va we drove to Va to check out the area. We hit the Shenandoah Park, Blue Ridge Mountains area and I knew we were moving! ( We're closer to Richmond ) I have truely loved every day of living here.

Virginia is for lovers, and people who enjoy nice scenic highway drives, the mountains, the beach, theme parks, ares of great value in hsitory and last but not least (in some cases) companies who enjoy a cheaper work force.
But, for so many..it's home, you know, where the heart is.
smile.png

Visitors welcome, even those who want to move here..except 1...Sharir32!
lol I had to Shari!

I got to go back and change that....
When I got married, the only "hang" up we had was during the rehersal the preacher said " and I will say
By the powers vested in me, by the state of Virginia i pronounce you husband and wife"

I was like WHOA!
That is not correct!

He said, well it is a state isn't it.
i said, yes but technically the OFFICIAL name of the state
is the Commonwealth of Virginia not the State of Virginia.

He said, well if it will make you happy I will say Commonwealth of Viriginia...
I said, well if you do not want to give my back my $500 I'm paying you and the 500$ i paid your church then I EXPECT you to say what is CORRECT.

Yes, I need medication for the little things in life!
I know it!

Before my DH and I got married, we'd visit his dad who lives here. I loved it then. Then we got married and moved here and I cried almost everyday for about 6mo. b/c I hated it! I grew up in Balto. MD so I was used to that. Plus, I missed my mom and dad horribly. Now, almost 10yrs later, I LOVE it. My DH's mom and step dad live in Deerfield VA, 20 min. from Staunton. It's really beautiful there. I'd love to move out in that area. Really it's the middle of nowhere and that sounds good to me!

Back
Top Bottom