Virginia: Seven 21-month old hens to good, free-range home

ChestnutRidge

Songster
8 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Western Virginia
I am moving and need to rehome my hens. I care for them and would like them to go to a good home. They are just past their first molt and have begun laying again.
I would like to let them go in groups of two or three at least. They are used to free ranging at least half of the day, so I would like them to go to a free range home.

I have the following groups:

White and red EE and Phoenix - These two were from a poultry sale and are low-ranking and skittish. They don't go far from the coop, so they would be okay at a home with limited range time. The Phoenix hen is broody about half of the year, but she hasn't been allowed to raise chicks yet.

Welsummer and Speckled Sussex: These two are awesome. The Welsummer is a regular layer and went broody once this spring, successfully hatched all of her eggs, raised them to maturity, and went back to laying. Awesome girl. The Speckled Sussex doesn not lay much, just a few eggs a week, but she is super friendly.

3 Easter Eggers - Two are a golden duckwing color, and the other is a silver duckwing or an extended Colombian-type color (black/white). The two former lay a light green egg, and the latter lays a medium green egg.

I also have several cockerels:
Australorp, barred Basque Hen cockerel, 2 recessive white Basque Hen cockerels
Also, 1 with a deformed neck - We're planning to eventually put him down, but if someone has a "special needs" type home, I would be comfortable letting him go if he won't be bred.

Thank you!

I would take them all--but you live far away! If you have no takers before long maybe we can figure out a way to ship them to my house--I live in Texas--I love and care for all my babies & they would have a great home!!! I have a huge coop and we are working on a huge run with a covered top!

Hello, I would be interest in offering a home to a couple of your girls if they are still available. I live in the North Bronx and am hoping your Chestnut Ridge is the one in Westchester? I have a flock of six currently and can accomodate 8-10. Good luck with your move!

Oops...just saw you are in Va. Alas....my sister-in-law is in West Va and may help with the transfer. Let me know! Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom