Virginia Swap Meet ~ Powhatan April 18th

sfw2 there are some Juliets (grape indeter) some Stupice (very early, small tomatoes, good flavor, do well in heat too) a couple of small German Johnson ( I have not grown those yet) and one or two others a Cherokee Chocolate and a First Prize maybe. All my Paul Robeson chocolates stayed very small so I don't think I will bring them but if you really want it let me know. None of my paste tomato varieties is looking good either. I also have red stuffing pepper plants and giant yellow bell pepper plants and yellow Marconi pepper plants. Also a couple of basil plants.

Quote:
Ooh, I love grape tomatoes!
droolin.gif
I'll look out for you tomorrow!

Two swaps and only one truck! Dang! We will be a Hertzlers with Cochins, Delawares, eggs, goat milk soap, and some goats.

Hope to see everyone there!

We will be in a big blue Chevy Silverado With the animal carrier on the back!

Chris and Tina Griffin

Quote:
Some people chose to go to TSC instead after learning that Mrs Hertzler was going to have a lot of chickens to sell herself. They didn't feel they could compete with her prices.

I was told she had set up a vendor bringing 300 chickens and another bringing 800 quail. I spoke with several local people who went to buy and they said there were a lot of people there. Also had a friend who set up there and she said she did well.

Great seeing everyone on Saturday! As planned we went to both and TSC definitely appeared to have the bigger turnout. While I can understand why, I wasn't real keen on Ms. Hertzler debeaking her chickens - I've never actually seen one up close but it seemed kind of mean. They all looked like they had fish lips.

Anyone else going to the Gilmanor Trade Day on May 2nd?

I*ll be at Gilmanor, but just to look around (I will not buy anything else, I just won*t. Really. I promise...) and let the boys play on the slide.

Maybe I*ll get a few hatching eggs or a couple of quail. Or maybe something else. But just some little things. Honestly. Nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom