Virginia

There will be TWO swaps March 10th .One will be at the TSC in Charlottsville and the other at TSC in Orange.Also ALL TSC are trying to have a swaps that date so you may want to check at your local store to see if there will be one there. The reason behind all the swaps on that date is the start of "Chick Days" at the stores.
Orange TSC also may have one that Sunday also if they can get enough people wanting to set up that day.

got my chicks today...so far there doing OK i guess..started off just sleeping on each other but now there starting to roam around the brooder. standing on there feeder seems to be a popular choice of activities with a few of them!

Hello all virginians!I'm new to the site and live in Va.Beach.No birds yet but soon.Any recommendations on a breed good for this area?Going to start small,like 3 to 4 laying hens.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
big_smile.png
Bob

Hi!!! I'm a fellow Virginia Beach-ian
highfive.gif
You should come to the chicken swap in Pungo on March 10th!!! It's also a seed swap

There will be TWO swaps March 10th .One will be at the TSC in Charlottsville and the other at TSC in Orange.Also ALL TSC are trying to have a swaps that date so you may want to check at your local store to see if there will be one there. The reason behind all the swaps on that date is the start of "Chick Days" at the stores.
Orange TSC also may have one that Sunday also if they can get enough people wanting to set up that day.

The closest TSC to me are Mechanicsville and Warsaw but neither seem to be having swaps this year.

Does anyone know of a certified, reputable place that will process extra roos for a small fee? I'm by Staunton but would be willing to drive for something clean, safe, and humane. I don't have any birds I need processed now, but I am trying to plan for the rest of the year.

Thanks!

Oh - also - does anyone have comfrey that they'd be willing to divide for me? I am looking to exchange some gardening or cook books or hatching eggs, just barnyard mix or Easter Egger, for comfrey plants in trade.

Last edited:
Williamsburg TSC has there chicks and ducks. Production red, New hampshire red, RIR's,Cornish rocks, white leghorns, golden comets and Ameracaunas. Pretty nice selection.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom