Virginia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tntfarm, Jan 15, 2007.

1. sbucciarel

sbucciarel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2012
    Virginia
    My Coop

Great. Thanks. Just the info I needed.

2. Ridge Farm

Ridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    I'm not sure about Gilmanor, but next Saturday, 9/8 we're swapping at Clearbrook VA Feed & Seed. I will be there with juveniles and POL birds of various breeds.

3. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    Gilmanor - September 15th

Quote from PCoVA:
    I'll be there! still debating if i'll take anything to sell, but probably will.

if i bring anything, i'll have some buff columbian bantam cochins, possibly bantam blrw (undecided, just got them yesterday tho and waiting to assess rooster attitude), and any odds & ends that may be ready. just hatched a bunch of bbs marans (cuckoo and coppers), bbs barred rocks, & some EE due wed.

i'll be shopping for more dorkings, blrw (LF), & bantam cochins, possibly a few turkeys.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  4. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    we will probably go. i have some breeder pairs but wondering if it is worth it to set up. anyone need cubalayas?

5. sajack

sajack Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2012
    I live in Portsmouth VA, I have a few hen pullets that are just starting to lay and a couple 3 year old hens. I have to cut down to 9 and have 9 to let go. They are maran cookoo, dominique, plymouth rock, cochen, wyandotte. Let me know if your interested.

6. Ridge Farm

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    Opps. 9/8 is Martinsburg WV, 9/29 is Clearbrook VA. Sorry.

7. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va

8. mrgreenjeans53

mrgreenjeans53 Chillin' With My Peeps

Siras,

I know this post is 2 weeks old but I thought I would suggest contacting the "Church's Chicken Processing Plant" on Rt42 in Woodstock. Not sure if they would process yours or not but it may be worth a try. I too live in Shenandoah County, (Maurertown), and the plant is roughly 8 miles from me.

I have roughly 150+ birds. Large and bantam breed chickens (to include Silkies), Chinese and Blueback Ringneck Pheasant, Green Melanistic Pheasant, Red Golden Pheasant (2 young ones), Jumbo white Pheasant chicks and 6 Alaskan Snow Pheasant eggs in the bator, (due to hatch on 9/10/2012), Black Spanish Turkey, Bourbon Red Turkey, 1 Blackwing Bronze Turkey, Royal Palm/Bronze cross Turkey and Sweetgrass Turkey. I also have 4 Jumbo Pekin Ducks, (2 male and 2 female), 1 male Mallard and 1 Bibbed black & white Duck, (not sure what breed but it's mixed), Button Quail, Cinnamon Cotournix Quail and regular Cotournix Quail.

I have roughly 40 Barred and White Rock chicks for sale ranging from 2 weeks to 7 weeks if you are interested, or know anyone who may be interested in them. I hatched out waaay too many and need to get rid of some of them as they are eating me out of house and home....lol. My ducks are for sale also.

Send me a PM at [email protected] if you, or someone you know, may be interested in them.

Thanks,

Tim

9. Ridge Farm

Mar 10, 2009
    Gore, VA
    Just throwing this out there: does anyone have brooders - especially the 4-up stacking brooders - that you'd like to sell?

10. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    i'm not sure what a 4-up brooder is? can you be more specific? I do some custom woodworking now and then, maybe I can come up with a design for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by