Virginia

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tntfarm, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    I have a smallish coop/tractor for sale, asking $275 for it.

the pen is 4x6 with attached 2x4 house, stands about 2.5' tall. house roof lifts, pen cover lifts. or i have one with doors on the house end (and roof still lifts) asking $325 for it.

no chicken wire, i use 1x1 welded wire only, so it's raccoon proof. there is a 2' section at the far end from the house covered with clear plastic roofing to keep feed under, and the house is roofed with "ondura' roofing.

i'm located near Roanoke, if you're interested pm me...

2. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    ok well, figured i'd post here to pass along...

I picked up some cochins a couple weeks ago, but got way more roos than hens... so i'll pass them along to anyone who wants/needs them. FREE! i'd rather give them a chance than just putting all the extra roos in the freezer.

all bantam cochins, there's a white, blue, black and a partridge roo, all of whom need new homes.

if you're interested pm me... i'm located near Roanoke.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  3. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Just for anyone that's interested. I raise several breeds that are show quality. I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm going to be hatching in the spring. So anyone that is interested in chicks or hatching eggs. I'd like to start a list so I'll be prepared. I have: Stukel line barred rocks , german line New hampshires, Columbian Rocks, Delawares, Rhode Island Reds (SC), bantam barred rocks and bantam buff brahmas. I'll be starting up the incubator in mid feb, providing the girls are laying by then. If anyone is intersted in these breeds please contact me so I can start my list. I sell most of my chicks at $3 each(stukel line barred rocks will be $5 each). Hatching eggs are $15/dozen.

4. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    I'm also taking names for wait list on my mille fleur cochins, red and silver grey dorkings & LF and bantam blrw...

i've got a bunch of the cochins hatched already, growing out to see who gets to join the breeding pen. the dorkings and blrw are all free ranging right now, so no hatching eggs at the moment, but as soon as i have them in breeding pens i'll be incubating and selling eggs. i don't anticipate hatching anything before the end of March tho, since i've got some vacation planned and don't want babies to worry about.

PM me if you're interested in eggs or chicks.

here's some pics i took a few days ago.
    my free range group of chicklets... 3 cockerels 7 pullets from my mille fleur cochin pen, with a dorking pullet (colored project).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    think this boy is staying... and his twin too (above left)
    depends how they mature, but i like what i've seen so far.
    [​IMG]

and from my younger pen... (4 dorkings, 16 cochins - 10 from shipped eggs)
    i only posted a few of my own breeding
    the skunklet - got a LOT more white than i was expecting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

another view of skunklet, with a partridge behind and another less-white mille fleur chick to the left.
    [​IMG]

these 2 girls are the only 2 i kept from last summer's breedings. the girl top/behind is a blue mille.
    [​IMG]
    another view of the bottom girl.
    [​IMG]

5. Flat Rock farm

Flat Rock farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    Branchton, ON Canada
    Oh my they are beautiful!! Mille Fleur Cochins have been on my wishlist for some time........[​IMG] If you ship eggs to Canada I would be interested or I may need to take a trip to VA [​IMG]

6. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    sorry, don't think i can ship eggs to canada... but you're always welcome to come visit. (or have a friend on the border receieve them?)

7. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia

I'll definately be interested in a couple of LF BLRW chicks in the spring.
    [​IMG]

8. Flat Rock farm

Flat Rock farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    Branchton, ON Canada
    Something to think about for sure [​IMG]

9. barnyardmommy

barnyardmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Suffolk VA
    Just wanted to say Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all the Virginia bycf members... [​IMG] May all your chickens be happy and healthy, and all your hatches of 2013 be great ones.....

10. jmarie

jmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2012
    Hampton, VA
    I got my first egg today!!! Sigh twirl happy dance!!!
    No idea who laid it but I think it might be my New Hampshire/mutt named Henry

My oldest daughter and I jumped up and down for this small perfect little egg!!!

what is a egg song and how do I hear it??

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by