Virginia

ki4got - I was trying to get purebred not so much to show them but for the bluer eggs. I have some EE but I get green eggs out of them and would like some blue eggs. I have a mixed flock just for egg laying but a lot are pure bred breeder quality birds that I have bought from local breeders. I am still very new to this and my goal right now is just quality birds that lay a good looking egg that I can eat. The pretty birds are just a bonus when watching they range in the yard.

Hi everyone, I'm in VA. Floyd County, seems like most of you are on the east coast. I have a friend in Fluvanna county, anyone around these two counties?

ki4got - I was trying to get purebred not so much to show them but for the bluer eggs. I have some EE but I get green eggs out of them and would like some blue eggs. I have a mixed flock just for egg laying but a lot are pure bred breeder quality birds that I have bought from local breeders. I am still very new to this and my goal right now is just quality birds that lay a good looking egg that I can eat. The pretty birds are just a bonus when watching they range in the yard.
my dorking crosses do have much bluer eggs, since the dorkings lay white. the greener eggs are because some brown egg layers were added in... here's the range of colors i'm getting right now (from everyone, but all 4 of my EE's are in there too)

Hi everyone, I'm in VA. Floyd County, seems like most of you are on the east coast. I have a friend in Fluvanna county, anyone around these two counties?
i'm not too far from you! i'm actually in roanoke county, near the lines of montgomery and craig, but we head to floyd frequently since a very good friend lives in check, and i'm a member of the floyd amateur radio society (meets a week from saturday!)

there's actually a good number of us near enough to roanoke (within an hour or so).

i'll be at the c'burg TSC swap this saturday, with lots of chicks and some adults for sale. look for the ugliest truck and a white standard poodle. LOL

Last edited:

Louisa, here!
frow.gif

I am SOOO ancious for Gilmanor to get here!!! My new JG/Australorp girls are getting the new brooder/growout pen all broke-in - working out all the little glitches and figuring out best place for feeder, etc.
Will move them into the big coop just in time for new babies to move in!!
big_smile.png

Culpepper TSC swap this weekend: We are wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a raffle, we we're going to raffle off a dozen of 1 purebred rare or show stock hatching eggs(either you incubate or we incubate for you) for $1 a ticket or 6 for $5(our eggs go for $30+ a dozen).....also we will be bring a few rare full grown duck drake and some 8-10 week old rare duckling/ducks as well as hatching eggs AND possibly custom coop, nesting boxs, hen saddle, etc............but want to see what kind of interest before we load it up, msg me for more details........we are NPIP clean and do accept all major credit cards and debit

my dorking crosses do have much bluer eggs, since the dorkings lay white. the greener eggs are because some brown egg layers were added in... here's the range of colors i'm getting right now (from everyone, but all 4 of my EE's are in there too)

That's my dream egg basket!! LOVELY!

ok now... i'm getting tired of incompetent weather men...

they said "light wintery mix"... that does not mean 6" of freaking SNOW!!!
barnie.gif

I am SOOO ancious for Gilmanor to get here!!! My new JG/Australorp girls are getting the new brooder/growout pen all broke-in - working out all the little glitches and figuring out best place for feeder, etc.
Will move them into the big coop just in time for new babies to move in!!
big_smile.png

Hmmmm.......... I think I've seen those two buzzards before... Yes, yes I have.
lau.gif

Are they laying for you yet? I went out today and found 9 eggs from the rest of the herd here! Everyone decided to come off strike all at the same time, hoping they got the memo as well ;)
And I am SOOOOO ripping of your tractor design for my dutch. Just have to find those wheels!

OH and FYI!!!!!
Swap on Saturday 8 am to noon in Dinwiddie:

B T Hargrave Co
14417 Courthouse Rd
Dinwiddie, VA 23841
(804) 469-3221

This is way down in Dinwiddie if you are coming from Petersburg, just go down Rt 1 and keep going until you see the courthouse/tax office on the right, then turn on Courthouse Rd just before the library on the left.

Back
Top Bottom