Virginia

yikes... i can't believe how many eggs i have packed up. not counting the 4 doz in the freezer, plus whatever i didn't collect today. LOL

180 +/- (6 - 30-egg flats). about 1/3 are eating eggs, a tray and a half dorking, dozen EE's, 3 mille fleur cochins (no room in the 'bators), and a bunch of orp/blrw/dorking/ee mixed mutt eggs (hatch or eat, i don't care).

only planning on asking $1.50/doz for eating ($1.00 if they bring their own egg crate or use a plastic bag LOL). dorking are going to be $10/doz (because of possible mutts), EE's $5 and mutt eggs same as eating eggs. i don't want to bring home potential chicks!

gilmanor is less than a month away. we will be bringing some breeding pairs of cubalaya, some young delawares, some chicks of various ages, a dozen or so of cubalaya hatching eggs(if someone needs a certain color pm me), maybe some shiitake mushrooms.

Gilmanor Farm is at 12187 Chewning Road, Glen Allen, VA. Looks like their events run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm --- and the contact is Joel Gilman at 804-798-6514.

k9ogic,
welcome-byc.gif

gilmanor is less than a month away. we will be bringing some breeding pairs of cubalaya, some young delawares, some chicks of various ages, a dozen or so of cubalaya hatching eggs(if someone needs a certain color pm me), maybe some shiitake mushrooms.
For a second, I read that "chupacabra" and I was like: "well that's a rare breed, but I definitely don't want any of those!" LOLOLOL

Gilmanor Farm is at 12187 Chewning Road, Glen Allen, VA. Looks like their events run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm --- and the contact is Joel Gilman at 804-798-6514.
actually i think people start setting up and selling around 6:30. LOL last fall, i got there just after 7:30 and the spaces were nearly filled. this year i hope to get there a bit sooner. but the spot we had worked out just fine IMO.

and for today's swap, i managed to sell 2 buff orp girls (gone before i could unload them!) and 2 buff columbian cochin girls. plus about 20 chicks and ALL the eggs i took. they all went for eating eggs, but either that or be tempted to overload the 'bators. LOL

didn't do too shabby. paid for the last 2 months' feed for them and the horses. LOL (not counting pony hay)

Last edited:
oh and those that said they wanted stuff from me, pm me and remind me what it is? i'm starting a list so i can jog my memory what i need to collect/hatch/whatever. LOL

for those that got badges, the badge guy still hasn't gotten back with me. so it might be that i'll have to print and laminate instead. pm me about that too... i don't want to wait too long for the badge guy.

yeah i understand his wife had surgery, but at least he could reply to ONE of the emails i've sent over the last week +... especially the ones where i'm asking for his paypal address so i can send him some money!

it depends on what hatches for me this time around... i've got 6 more eggs cooking from bulldogma, and room for maybe 1 or 2 more pullets. i have 2 older and 1 for sure, 1 undecided on the younger 3. i'm planning my eventual sfh group to be 2-3 roos and 4-6 hens.

Back
Top Bottom