Virginia

an update on Redneck, the 'stepped on' roo. 8)

he's back outside 24x7, tho he keeps trying to come in for a visit. running around, jumping up down and over anything in his way. the split healed up cleanly where the superglue held, and just a smallish scab about 1/4" across where the superglue pulled loose next to his crop. he's a mess with all those feathers missing, but they're pinning back in quickly, so he'll be pretty again soon. 8) still begs to be picked up and cuddled tho.

Awww - so glad to hear he's doing OK.

celebrate.gif
YAY! Chickens in Richmond!
wee.gif

and in roanoke county!

51 eggs to lockdown, 36 out so far, but one i'm leaving in the hatcher overnight, the yolk wasn't entirely drawn in.

1 sfh so far bulldogma! 3 more have pipped, of the 6 (all developed well!).

mostly bantam cochins, plus 9 red dorkings, 4-5 mille fleur cochins (my own line), and 1 sfh so far. 14 hatched last night, the rest today. still waiting on a few stragglers.

OH! and of my first 4 blrw eggs to incubate, 3 are developing. now as long as my EE roo Weeble didn't still have roo juice in the mix (better than 10 days penned away from him before i collected the eggs in the 'bator) then they're pure wyandotte! my first. due the 23rd along with 20+ EE/dorks.

and on a sad note, I lost my blue/?? ee girl buhloo. looks like she got stepped on by a horse, out in the horse pasture. (bottom right). so crossing fingers i've got a weeb/buhloo egg or 3 in the hatcher.

So sorry about your EE hen. She was beautiful!! Glad though that you'll have chicks from her to raise.

Will any of the BLRW's be for sale or will these be for building your flock?

Hi all

I live near Barboursville, VA which is near Charlottesville, VA. I'm raising WC Bantam Polish, Buff Laced Polish and Tolbunt Polish chickens. Started my small flock last year from chicks. Now they're grown up and the hens have started laying eggs. The WC Polish were sent by mycutekittes (backyard chickens name) from CA. The Tolbunts and Buff Laced from Gretchen Bare. I've got an incubator full of Tolbunt eggs from Greenfire to add some diversity to my Tolbunt flock. Here are some pics of my roos. Haven't taken any good pics of the hens yet, except the two frizzled hens in the Tolbunt pic.

I was so eager to hit the Charlottesville TSC Chicken Swap this week that I loaded up the truck and headed over there this morning and then realized that today is Friday and the swap is Saturday. :rolleyes:

So sorry about your EE hen. She was beautiful!! Glad though that you'll have chicks from her to raise.

Will any of the BLRW's be for sale or will these be for building your flock?
i'll be bringing whatever hatches with me... i really don't want to have more than the trio for now.

and in roanoke county!

51 eggs to lockdown, 36 out so far, but one i'm leaving in the hatcher overnight, the yolk wasn't entirely drawn in.

1 sfh so far bulldogma! 3 more have pipped, of the 6 (all developed well!).

mostly bantam cochins, plus 9 red dorkings, 4-5 mille fleur cochins (my own line), and 1 sfh so far. 14 hatched last night, the rest today. still waiting on a few stragglers.

OH! and of my first 4 blrw eggs to incubate, 3 are developing. now as long as my EE roo Weeble didn't still have roo juice in the mix (better than 10 days penned away from him before i collected the eggs in the 'bator) then they're pure wyandotte! my first. due the 23rd along with 20+ EE/dorks.

and on a sad note, I lost my blue/?? ee girl buhloo. looks like she got stepped on by a horse, out in the horse pasture. (bottom right). so crossing fingers i've got a weeb/buhloo egg or 3 in the hatcher.

Awww... so sorry about Buhloo. She was a really pretty girl. Hopefully you'll get some beauties from the Weebs/Buhloo cross!

Keeping my fingers crossed the rest of your SFH hatch out well... and opt not to go swimming...

Hopefully that shipped batch of SFH eggs will hatch well for us too!

Back
Top Bottom