Virginia

Hi from Lovettsville, VA!

Just got into chickens last spring after being away from them for ~50 years. It has been a fascinating reacquainting! I have progressed from an egg laying flock to incubating and starting to breed some lines. I have EOs, Swedish flower hens, BBS & blue wheaten ameraucanas, and just starting crested cream legbars (CCLs).

I am thinking about coming down to the Gilmanor Swap on May 4th. Will anyone have some recently hatched CCLs to sell?? I have two one-week old CCL pullets who would like some company.

My girls started to lay back somewhere around Sept. It took them a little while to work it out but since then I've gotten 3 eggs daily from the 5 girls - every day (almost). Yesterday I picked up 5.
celebrate.gif

Now I'm just trying to remember what time I collected eggs the day before... did they ALL lay yesterday or did I miss a couple from the day before??? I guess I'll know in a couple of days.
smile.png

Quote:
Hi from Lovettsville, VA!

Just got into chickens last spring after being away from them for ~50 years. It has been a fascinating reacquainting! I have progressed from an egg laying flock to incubating and starting to breed some lines. I have EOs, Swedish flower hens, BBS & blue wheaten ameraucanas, and just starting crested cream legbars (CCLs).

I am thinking about coming down to the Gilmanor Swap on May 4th. Will anyone have some recently hatched CCLs to sell?? I have two one-week old CCL pullets who would like some company.
Welcome to BYC!

sorry, of the list you've gotten, I have SFH. and juveniles and chicks at that. 4 pairs nearing point of lay, 3 (pullets i think) about 8 weeks old, and 4 that hatched last week. plus some more eggs (for Bulldogma) due this week. I might have some at the swap, not sure yet.

I'll have some dorking/EE chicks (good dual purpose meaty birds with blue eggs), color-crossed dorking chicks, and some odds & ends. the winter was hard on my youngsters so i don't have as many birds available as i'd hoped to have.

i'll still have my hands full of birds, i'm sure, it just depends on what feathers out between now and then.

ki4got,

I have 3 SFH chicks that hatched on March 17. I am still waiting to get an idea of their sex. They are not mature enough to get a clue of their gender. Depending how they sort out, I may be looking for a couple more SFH. Two are crested and one is not. Thanks for the reply!

my 4 oldest hatched in december (we think), the 3 next hatched march 5th. pretty sure i've got 3 pullets now, tho i thought one was a roo right off. the other 2 caught up and none have grown any more. the 4 youngest... no clue they're not even a week yet! LOL

i'd suggest, if your hens are crested, keep an uncrested roo, or vice versa. personal opinion, but i don't like the idea of breeding crested to crested, as that can promote some issues with survivability as free ranged birds (which is what they're ideally suited for).

So I was suppose to go and get my SFH this week, however the lady who hatched them had her pen broken into and all were killed. Anybody have some SFH pullets I could reserve to pick up at Gilmanor swap?????

jmarie -
I'll be bringing a whole bunch of SFH chicks to Gilmanor! They'll mostly be straight run, but I may have a few old enough to tell...

I also currently have fertile hatching eggs available and they can be shipped if you or someone you know can hatch them. They're up in the classified section right now, but you can PM me if you are interested.

My main problem is that I am in town and cannot have a rooster. Anyone have a crowless rooster I could Buy????
lau.gif

Bulldogma
I will try to find you at Gilmanor and try taking a chance on some pullety looking SFH!!

My main problem is that I am in town and cannot have a rooster. Anyone have a crowless rooster I could Buy????
lau.gif

Bulldogma
I will try to find you at Gilmanor and try taking a chance on some pullety looking SFH!!

I'll be with ki4got in her car with a little trailer full of birds attached.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom