Virginia

Pics
We had some really rough weather here in Cumberland and my dad just over in Powhatan county had tennis ball size hail. A funnel cloud tried to touch down over his house but didn't until it passed over. We got lucky as the big tornado in Farmville just slid to our east.

Brandon

Wow, guys! That was a rough night last night!! We had a tornado come through Nokesville/Bristow and tore up a couple houses and a shopping center. Luckily stayed several miles from us. I was still chicken enough to go down in the basement. I told myself i was checking the chicks in the brooder.
roll.png
I hope everyone made it OK.

Brandon...glad to hear you all dodged that bullet!

Quote:
I'll be joining you here in a few weeks, closing on the place in Stony Creek tomorrow and will be in route from TX by the 23rd or so.

Any good places to get chickens out there???? Not bringing my flock unfortunately
sad.png

I'm quite frustrated by the hatching egg importation laws. How do you guys usually deal with this? Do you just buy hatching eggs in state, or is there a list somewhere of breeders who can ship to Virginia?

Do you generally PM a seller and ask if they can ship to VA before bidding on hatching eggs?

I am missing out on some great birds!
hit.gif

Hey fellow Virginians. Just wanted to say HOWDY! I'm from southwestern Virginia in Montgomery County, not far from Va. Tech. Just getting our "little" chicken ranch up and running. Just joined this site and am tickled to see others from the state here.

Don't know if anyone wants to answer a question in this thread or not, but my wife is trying to find some baby geese for sale. In our area would be nice, but not necessary. I think she prefers Pilgrims, but any breed that is not aggressively mean would be good. Something that would stand up to a dog would be good though. Anyone got anything like that at this time?

I understand that poultry can't be bought from other states unless certain testing is done, but does that include buying eggs too?

Anyway, I am glad I found you guys. I reckon I'll be seeing you around on the site.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom