Virginia

Greetings from Leesburg, Va! Anyone else out there within the town limits? I'm looking for any specific ordinances that might interfere with my plan for BYCs!
Welcome, Leesburg! I am up in Lovettsville and outside the town limits for sure. So, unfortunately, I cannot help you with Leesburg ordinances. I have heard of other folks keeping chickens in Leesburg but I do not know them.

Welcome to BYC and the Virginia thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Greetings from Leesburg, Va! Anyone else out there within the town limits? I'm looking for any specific ordinances that might interfere with my plan for BYCs!

I just moved from Leesburg, but that's where I started my flock. I lived just outside of the historic downtown area, so here is all you need to know (I think):

1. No roosters allowed.
2. No slaughtering chickens on your property.

I think that's all you really need to know. City ordinance specifies that you CAN have poultry with only those 2 rules from above. There may have been some other specifics, but those two rules covered it for me.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about the area.

Hi, I'm in Gloucester Va. Looking for a few chicks. Is it possible to get only 3 or 4? Who knows where a hatchery is or where I may get them in this area. At least by March.

I'm in Hampton roads, and I'll be setting some eggs on the 17th. Send me a PM and let me know what you're looking for.

2. No slaughtering chickens on your property.

Huh??? I've heard of no slaughtering before, but it was for pigs up in New England. No slaughtering if you plan on SELLING what you slaughter. I never heard of not being allowed to slaughter your bird on your own property. That's a new one to me! Glad that rule doesn't apply here where I live, or I'd have WAY too many roos running around!!!

Huh??? I've heard of no slaughtering before, but it was for pigs up in New England. No slaughtering if you plan on SELLING what you slaughter. I never heard of not being allowed to slaughter your bird on your own property. That's a new one to me! Glad that rule doesn't apply here where I live, or I'd have WAY too many roos running around!!!

Same thing in Prince William County - No slaughtering on your property.

Back
Top Bottom