Virginia

I live in Isle of Wight (Carrollton) Va and have two healthy, happy, one month old chicks if anyone would like them.
To make a long story short when i got them from TSC (Smithfield) i had to buy a minimum of 6 so i got three reds and three whites. I would like to rehome one red and one white if someone is interested in them. FREE to good home.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a black jersey giant roo roughly 11 weeks old? I'm not 100% sure but it's got tail feathers like a roo and I think it's trying to crow. Beaks open and it's bobbing it's head...but nothing comes out. I should have taken a picture...Anybody know a true way to determine if's it's a roo? Anybody interested? I can get pictures. I'm located in Manassas. I'm just not interested in keeping a roo.

Last edited:
well, I'm at it again. LOL hatching more babies than I have room for...

more of everything than I honestly have room for. I'm keeping the silver grey and red Dorkings, the sfh and 3 varieties of cochins. I'll have some blue-eggers for eating and occasional hatching, and some select others who are good broodies. and I'm on the fence about my blrw, but they're free ranging right now, so can stay a while more. plus I have some youngsters growing out too. extra roos all free range, so they're not costing me much, if anything, and they keep the bugs down. I still need to get my breeding pens finished too, so I will finally have room for everything listed, but as it is I'm still running out of room and don't want to crowd the birds as much as I'm having to right now.

for sale (adults) are 2 EE's. one lays an olive-grey egg, the other a darker olive egg, but I don't know who's who. Kallie is 2, blackbeard is 1. both lay a nice extra large egg. asking $20 each.

I have a trio of blue mottled bantam cochins. they're a project variety and the roo is badly sunburned, so his feathers look an odd bluish brown, but the undersides are still nice and blue. the same for the solid blue girl who's split mottled. she does have some red leakage on her throat, but that can be selectively bred out. the other girl is a nice DARK blue mottled. she's not so badly sunburned, but then again she's also been broody several times since her last moult. the roo and solid girl are both 2, mottled is just a year. asking $40 OBO. I don't dare free range them, they're the hawk's favorite take-out meal.

I also have, TO THE RIGHT HOME a nice 5-pack. Columbian bantam cochins, they are near show quality. 2 girls with 1 roo and 2 extra boys that are split for buff, if you want to work on silver or buff Columbians. these are awesome birds and I took them on an impulse, but I fear I will not be able to do the variety the service it deserves. asking $100 for these birds, and they are more than worth that. but they need to go to a home where they will be bred towards the SOP. losing these birds to the variety would be a shame. one girl came from Tom Roebuck, the others I don't know their lineage, except the girl from Tom is the mother of the 2 split boys.

I have a number of sfh chicks (always, and more to hatch!) from new to 2 weeks old now, asking $15 each.

adding to my list of birds for sale... lost my job yesterday so I'm having to do some heartbreaking thinning of the flock. so I've decided I need to thin the blrw's... I'm keeping Lacy, if only for eating eggs, but all the boys need to go. I've got 1 cockerel about 12 weeks old and 2 mature roosters. the sire and brother of the little guy. I also have 3 pullets I just got at Gilmanor who are on the list to go as well... 2 light blues and one dark blue (the roos are all dark blues). I'm not giving up on them for good, just for now... I've got 6 eggs in the incubator from foley lines and 2 more chicks from the same breeder.

the Columbian cochins are sold.

i'll be bringing everyone I have to the Roanoke swap on Saturday.

the complete list is as follows

EE's -
Weeble (rooster), 2 OE's, 1 pullet

BLRW -
3 pullets, 1 cockerel, 2 roosters (all blues)

SFH -
Chicks under 3 weeks old, 2 cockerels

Bantam Cochins -
blue mottled - rooster & 2 hens (1 is split mottled)

plus anyone I've forgotten...

adding to my list of birds for sale... lost my job yesterday so I'm having to do some heartbreaking thinning of the flock. so I've decided I need to thin the blrw's... I'm keeping Lacy, if only for eating eggs, but all the boys need to go. I've got 1 cockerel about 12 weeks old and 2 mature roosters. the sire and brother of the little guy. I also have 3 pullets I just got at Gilmanor who are on the list to go as well... 2 light blues and one dark blue (the roos are all dark blues). I'm not giving up on them for good, just for now... I've got 6 eggs in the incubator from foley lines and 2 more chicks from the same breeder.

EE's -

BLRW -

SFH -

Bantam Cochins -

I am so sorry!!, I know it is probably tough to lose a job, especially when you have all kinds of animals to take care of, I will certainly keep you in my prayers
hugs.gif

EE's -

BLRW -

SFH -

Bantam Cochins -

Oh, no...so sorry about the job!!! when I was unemployed a few years ago I discovered "indeed.com" it tries to take all the jobs out there and put them in one place so it's easier to find everything available. good luck. what is your field? I will keep my ears open, although the commute would be tough. do you have a significant other that you have to stay put for because his job is there?

I wish you lived closer...I'd love to get some dorking eggs from you. I have had such crappy hatching this year. I think I need to callibrate my thermometer. but got tons of broodies now, unfortunately they are all my dorkings...so not laying eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom