Virginia

Wow,
I think they must have new people answering the phones that were not working there when they held Flock swaps or something. Managers not there, sales people dont know anything... What is a flock swap? Oh no!

Last edited:
Wow,
I think they must have new people answering the phones that were not working there when they held Flock swaps or something. Managers not there, sales people dont know anything... What is a flock swap? Oh no!

That's about what happened....but I will say she was very pleasant......that counts for something...lol. I don't know this but suspect that the swap moved from Staunton Tractor Supply to Expo.......Beverley Cline is in charge, I believe.

That's about what happened....but I will say she was very pleasant......that counts for something...lol. I don't know this but suspect that the swap moved from Staunton Tractor Supply to Expo.......Beverley Cline is in charge, I believe.

yes, polite, they did say to phone back in a week. Really, this is possibly the best time of the year for managers to be on vacaction. Not a holiday such as Easter or Christmas, no
Mad rush to stores for Spring or Summer items for planting or mowing. Possibly the best time for managers to vacation or go to TSC sales conventions. But I just wish the young sales staff knew more about their stores.
I have never met a sales person from TSC that was not polite. They are always polite, & eager to help in any way they can.
I have even had them Come out and look over what I have and buy. The Calico Cochin Bantams and the very showy pairs of Ohiki and Phoenix bantams, When I tried to sell the roos separate from the girls it was not very good for the roos. But when I paired them Up, the boys looked their best and the girls were flirty tucking their heads under their mates neck. Precious and very sellable.

What breeds of chickens are usually sold at feed stores? I don't guess it matters for me as I have broodies and no other way to raise them.....but I know if I go look at them I will want some of them. Hmmm......
Red Sex Linked, black sex link. Ordinary smallish Buff orpingtons (not english) Black, Red and white.my hubby and son got three white leghorns there. Very small, heavy egg layers. Not as showy as my very expensive English, Aussie stock. And my showy Phoenix and Ohiki came from Georgia, Florida, Texas & Califonia.

Last edited:
What breeds of chickens are usually sold at feed stores? I don't guess it matters for me as I have broodies and no other way to raise them.....but I know if I go look at them I will want some of them. Hmmm......
On the ES it is a lot of RIR, Barred Rocks, tiny Buff Orpingtons, Silkies (not many with blue faces), Delawares, White Leghorns, white cornish, and New Hampshire.My friend did see a mixed box of Wyandottes, Cuckoo Marans, and Polishes last year. Most of them near here order from Mt. Healthy. I have not called one shop and heard another name when I was looking for breeders.

On the ES it is a lot of RIR, Barred Rocks, tiny Buff Orpingtons, Silkies (not many with blue faces), Delawares, White Leghorns, white cornish, and New Hampshire.My friend did see a mixed box of Wyandottes, Cuckoo Marans, and Polishes last year. Most of them near here order from Mt. Healthy. I have not called one shop and heard another name when I was looking for breeders.
Yes your correct they had a RIR type, very small and light red. Not orpington but more like small Wyandotttes. I hear from a man in my church that said had Gold Lace Wyandottes! He said at the 8th month and no eggs he gave them away to find he only had roosters on a straight run. And he had gotten Dixie Rainbow
pullets. and they all turned out to be roos. I think he said he wasnt doing that again. HE Is a very elderly gentleman and sometimes his thinking is not very clear.

Last edited:
The lady I talked to was nice, just had no clue what I was asking even when I tried to explain it to her. I recently moved to Bath Co and have been looking at raising my own chickens again,and hopefully a few ducks. I've been looking at places to find either some chicks, and maybe a few older laying hens, and just seeing whats out there within a reasonable drive, so I know what my options are when I get the new coop and run finished finally.

The lady I talked to was nice, just had no clue what I was asking even when I tried to explain it to her.   I recently moved to Bath Co and have been looking at raising my own chickens again,and hopefully a few ducks. I've been looking at places to find either some chicks, and maybe a few older laying hens, and just seeing whats out there within a reasonable drive, so I know what my options are when I get the new coop and run finished finally.   
Understand. I guess they just have a lot of new workers there. They are polite and want to help But lack information. I
Wait for the manager to phone me.

Back
Top Bottom