Virginia

I say they are the same thing. We got a bundle of mixed hardwood for $150, it's odds and ends that weren't cut exact sold on the cheap. Enough to do about a 20'x20' building or so since we used less than half on outside and framing of a 10'x10'. I hear ya on compressor tools but in my case barely holding 100 pounds against gravity makes things a challenge
1f605.png
I have to get at the right angle to be able to use full body weight mostly but I love seeing the finished product.I like to say I was meant to be a bigger person but someone forgot!

Where does one find sawmill lumber? Is it the same as rough cut lumber? My stash of free pallets and wood is running low!

I love air tools! My wrists are shot, so hubby gave me a compressor and tools last Christmas
love.gif

Yes it is the same. You just have to ask around. I have three local one man operations within 2 miles of me that I know of. With the small woodmizer mills that are on the market a lot of farmers have bought one to supply fencing and building materials.

Good thing is you can get things custom sized for whatever application you are using it for and not stuck with whatever is in stock at the big box store. Also helps if you have older construction since most of that was roughcut and dimensional lumber from the box store does not match up. Really a pain if you are repairing things and trying to match up the different types of lumber.

Martha is setting her first batch of the season and, for the first time, instead of BA eggs, she's setting 10 Gamefowl eggs! A cross between American and Cubalaya's Oriental stag. Six more days will tell...

Martha is setting her first batch of the season and, for the first time, instead of BA eggs, she's setting 10 Gamefowl eggs! A cross between American and Cubalaya's Oriental stag. Six more days will tell...
Roger that, Jimmy, me too! I'll post some pics. I forgot, though, half the eggs were Martha's and half Abbygail's, your Oriental mix. So likely to be some confusion... would like to see these when the get big

I was thinking about getting some Blue Silkie hens or Mille Fleur to be my Marthas.

I have a white EE that was an excellent mother last summer that I hope will catch the broody bug again. I also have a LF splash cochin that went broody in November when we had that super cold snap. Lots of butt fluff to cover lots of eggs! I got her and her sister for the sole purpose of being mommas. They are young yet, so we shall see if they live up to my expectations!

I have a white EE that was an excellent mother last summer that I hope will catch the broody bug again. I also have a LF splash cochin that went broody in November when we had that super cold snap. Lots of butt fluff to cover lots of eggs! I got her and her sister for the sole purpose of being mommas. They are young yet, so we shall see if they live up to my expectations!
I have an EE that is a great momma too. She hasnt actually gone broody, but she has helped raise ALL of the chicks I got last year

For anyone interested, We've gotten permission from the Southern States in Christiansburg to hold a monthly swap in their back lot (past the building and thru the gates, past the propane tank). Looking for feedback about this. I suggested we hold it the first Saturday each month, the same as we had for the TSC swap in years past.

if you'd like to join the Facebook discussion, join the Roanoke Chicken Swap group.

I won't be there in May because of Gilmanor, but if enough are interested then we have a new home for our swaps!

Back
Top Bottom