Virginia

Hello! I am in Lancaster County, va about 1 hour east of Richmond) and have 12 wonderful chickens! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to get to know some people from our state!
Welcome to BYC, i am halfway between Danville and Lynchburg in the middle of nowhere. Love it here! I have Speckled Sussex and Polish, as well as guineas.

Yay! Virginia people! I’m in Prince Edward county...and hour from Lynchburg and Richmond. How are you doing fellow Virginians and what birds do you have?

None at the moment sadly (apartment living) actually hoping to go house hunting in the spring fingers crossed. How do they handle the Virginia weather? I’m originally from WV and noticed it tends to be on the warmer side most of the year with occasional temp drops in the winter so I’m still searching for a good breed.

Last edited:
None at the moment sadly (apartment living) actually hoping to go house hunting in the spring fingers crossed. How do they handle the Virginia weather? I’m originally from WV and noticed it tends to be on the warmer side most of the year with occasional temp drops in the winter so I’m still searching for a good breed.
I would look for rose comb breeds if the weather is a concern.

Back
Top Bottom