Virginia

I just looked and we are in A1 and it says agricultural. I think that’s a good sign for at least keeping hens.
but I’m finding out just because it says agriculture It still has rules it’s what it defines as agricultural as I am finding out with this other thread. people are making me understand it a little bit better because it’s all very confusing. I’m reading at Spotsylvania defines agricultural being 5 acres. But I don’t know if the impose up-to-date because I know they changed the rules in some areas in 2014 but not all. I don’t think I’m so much worried but determined because now I just really want to know the answer

but I’m finding out just because it says agriculture It still has rules it’s what it defines as agricultural as I am finding out with this other thread. people are making me understand it a little bit better because it’s all very confusing. I’m reading at Spotsylvania defines agricultural being 5 acres. But I don’t know if the impose up-to-date because I know they changed the rules in some areas in 2014 but not all. I don’t think I’m so much worried but determined because now I just really want to know the answer
Same. I found an old Stafford thread but nothing’s solid. One very interesting post about someone fighting Aquia Harbor to keep their chickens. Some interesting stuff about appeals, fines and their process.

That’s what happened in spotsy And seeing a lot of threats were people have fought it and won. People on the other thread or finding better information but I don’t know how the hell are finding it.

I was actually reading stuff if you weeks ago people were putting on here and other states about how their area considers chickens in exotic animal. Huh?! I feel like if you have the required area for that too good to be happy and healthy it shouldn’t be a problem. Even though it is some places. And a chicken does not need 5 acres to make you happy and healthy

Its official! I'm a chicken mama. I got my girls this morning... 3 barred rock hens. They are settling in and enjoying their new pen. I have them in a 20 x 20 pen and small coop. I buried chicken wire underneath the fence to keep out digging predators. putting up netting today to keep out predators from above. they are sooo beautiful and one purrs at me when I talk to her. Named them Roxxi, Rikki, and Randi. Will post pics later today!!!!!

Its official! I'm a chicken mama. I got my girls this morning... 3 barred rock hens. They are settling in and enjoying their new pen. I have them in a 20 x 20 pen and small coop. I buried chicken wire underneath the fence to keep out digging predators. putting up netting today to keep out predators from above. they are sooo beautiful and one purrs at me when I talk to her. Named them Roxxi, Rikki, and Randi. Will post pics later today!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_102858562.jpg
    IMG_20180414_102858562.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180414_102853015.jpg
    IMG_20180414_102853015.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180414_102824097.jpg
    IMG_20180414_102824097.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180414_102817214.jpg
    IMG_20180414_102817214.jpg