Virginia

Agenda for October 27, 2018

Cream Legbar Club General Membership Meeting

1. Treasurer’s Report

1. APA Status & Discussion of APA Comments on SOP
  • Concern for use of term “some”.
  • Redefining in terms of percentages, e.g., allow up to 30% red on ear lobes without penalty
  • Quantifying amount of chestnut is also being addressed
  • APA may not set qualifying meets until SOP is approved

1. Elections – Positions up for Election
  • President
  • Secretary
  • South Regional Director
  • Western Regional Director
  • Canadian Regional Director

1. Membership Status and Dues
  • Dues for 2019 will increase to $15/year
  • Early renewal before 2019 will remain $12
  • Associate membership will remain free for 2019
  • Serious questions regarding the value of associate memberships. Associate memberships may be eliminated after 2019.

1. Breeder Recognition – The Club has voted to come up with a point system to recognize breeders who show their birds at APA shows and a different point system for the Club’s Online Show.

1. Fourth Online Virtual Show – scheduled for November 1 through December 22, 2018. Entries to be made on Cream Legbar Club Facebook Event page.

1. Newsletter Articles – We are soliciting articles from the membership to continue to produce good content.

1. Membership Recommendations

Hi fellow Virginians. I ordered 5 nonsexed blue birchen Marans from Greenfire Farms with a recent October 22 hatch date (and a female Smaaland and 2 female cream legbars.) They are doing great and are so adorable! But I’m sure I have 2 or 3 roosters that I will need to rehome in 2’ish months. I’d love to hear from anyone that would be interested in a blue birchen roo. When the time comes, I’m up for driving an hour or so... a photo just to share the cuteness (1 Marans not pictured but 1 legbar is)

Attachments

• 3F1390F9-DD86-4990-82B6-7CE19EA0BBC4.jpeg
    3F1390F9-DD86-4990-82B6-7CE19EA0BBC4.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 8
hello all. Glad to see the Virginia thread is going well. I am in Lynchburg if anyone is interested in talking. I currently have a flock of 15. 1 roo and 14 hens
Hi, i am down in Gretna. I have LF Buff Laced Polish, Speckled Sussex, Crested Legbars, and Tolbunt Polish. Plus Coturnix quail, Narragansett turkeys, guineas, and rabbits.

UPDATE: She's found a home in Orange VA. Thank you all who sent messages asking about her!

Hi Virginians! Wanted to let you all know that I have a rescued Pekin available in Luray VA. ;) She needs to be with other Pekins - preferably all females or with a good male/female ratio. I've named her Sweetie. I rescued from a local park after she was left there to fend for herself. She's been over-mated by other ducks (also dumped at the park) and has some missing feathers on the back of her neck. Her feet could also use some TLC. She laid a big beautiful white egg this morning. If you're willing to come to Luray VA or meet half way, and willing to give her a loving home, please message me.

IMG_3512[1].JPG IMG_3514[1].JPG

Last edited:
Entries to Date for Fourth Annual Cream Legbar Club Online, Virtual Show

As of December 6, 2018:

Cream Legbars: 14 cockerels and 14 pullets
Golden Crele Legbars: 1 cock, 3 cockerels, and 2 pullets
White Legbars: 1 cockerel and 1 pullet

Your hens and cocks should be coming out of their annual molts and growing new feathers for the winter. Please get your pictures taken! The online show is open until December 22, 2018.

Happy Holidays to all from the Cream Legbar Club!
1f642.png
:)

Back
Top Bottom