Virginia

Make the RAIN end!!!!! Anyone else need a canoe to get through the backyard also?
It's gotten so bad that my yard and my gravel drive "squish" about the same!
All the mud has taught our dog a new command, though. As soon as she comes in the back door, we tell her "Shower!" She goes straight into the shower and waits patiently while we rinse her feet and whatever other parts of her all-white body did a slide in the mud. She even lifts each foot individually ... like a horse for the farrier ... as soon as she feels the water stream. The funniest part is the deep "Again?" sigh she lets out as we work. Apparently she prefers the mud!

Though we are technically still stranded because we can't get a vehicle down the driveway and over the bridge yet, with pretty high boots and creative flood water slogging I was able to reach the mailbox late this afternoon.
Thankfully friends and neighbors who weren't nearly as flooded as us called and asked to see if we needed anything. Good thing I had just gotten 2 bags of chicken feed before the rains hit. :yesss:

Fingers crossed we can get out Monday Morning.

Last edited:
Welcome, welcome, welcome!:welcomeAlways nice to have new members to our group here in Va. Wishing you the best of luck with your first flock. This site is the best for tons of information about everything there is to know about raising chickens. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but asking questions of these very knowledgeable people will help you every step of the way. Have fun! Post pictures! We love pictures:D.

Back
Top Bottom