Virginia

Quote:
also just local breeders. many on here will be able to help point you in the right direction... what breeds in particular are you looking for?
A suggestion could be to order from Ideal - Poultry, they ship chicks and you can order 25$ worth of chicks instead of 25 individual chicks like many hatcheries do...you can pre-order your wanted selection now, and pick out a delivery date for early march - and be one of the first with chicks this year
wink.png

Quote:
also just local breeders. many on here will be able to help point you in the right direction... what breeds in particular are you looking for?
A suggestion could be to order from Ideal - Poultry, they ship chicks and you can order 25$ worth of chicks instead of 25 individual chicks like many hatcheries do...you can pre-order your wanted selection now, and pick out a delivery date for early march - and be one of the first with chicks this year
wink.png

There are also swaps starting in March all over Virginia they have them through Oct.
That's cool that Ideal lets you buy $25 worth instead of 25 chicks.Also Tractor supply starts selling baby chicks at the end of Feb.

Quote:
Hey there, neighbor! What is your property zoned for? I have made a couple of trips to the Zoning office at City Hall, but I understand much of the city information is online. If you are in a community with a home owners' association, you have to check their regulations.

As I understand it, when you are zoned agriculture (like I am), there is no set limit for chickens. I seem to recall that you must have a minimum property size to have horses. Our property is surrounded by "real" farms, so my neighbors are not close enough to be bothered by my daily Rooster Chorus, performances 24 hours a day!

I'm in southern Isle of Wight County, just outside of Franklin. Is there anyone nearby with Dorkings? I'd like to expand my flock in the spring with a few.

Back
Top Bottom