Visitation hours are over!!

@Ragna, is your chick eating all of her medicated food?
I give her the medication by syringe in mouth so yes she's getting it but the tylan is the problem because I mixed it in the water instead of giving it to her with the syringe so I either throw the tylan water out and give by syringe or I just let them both drink it. It's a concentrated dose of one teaspoon minimal water. It was the direction from the vet

Ok this makes sense.
But this type of separation will not prevent the other birds from getting sick.
I can not stress this enough. This is not quarantining.
The chicken usually sleeps with me. The sick one doesn't really try to break out unless she sees food. The baby is the orange one who wants to get inside of the cage so I'm not sure if it's exactly stressing the black one

I give her the medication by syringe in mouth so yes she's getting it but the tylan is the problem because I mixed it in the water instead of giving it to her with the syringe so I either throw the tylan water out and give by syringe or I just let them both drink it. It's a concentrated dose of one teaspoon minimal water. It was the direction from the vet
I'd be letting the other one drink it too.

The chicken usually sleeps with me. The sick one doesn't really try to break out unless she sees food. The baby is the orange one who wants to get inside of the cage so I'm not sure if it's exactly stressing the black one
It is. I can almost guarantee they are both being stressed by the separation.

@Ragna
First I would like to say, Stay strong and thank you for rescuing those ladies from poor conditions. With antibiotics involved it may not be recomended or ideal, but IMO. I would put them together away from the coop, a bathroom or garage tool shed something like that might work. I would do as directed for both and keep fresh water on hand. Poor conditions often mean poor nutrition. I would give them some nutria drench and some B complex if you have it. I would continue with a good layer feed and some scrambled or crushed hard boiled eggs. It may take some time to get them healthy but I believe you are on the right track so far. For mites I dust my coop with seven dust (it is not always recomended but it has worked for me) also clear out all bedding first and burn it if you can. Dust coop and run and put in clean bedding. You may need to do it more than once, I know how tiring and demanding it can be but it sounds to me like you have the heart to do it.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear life is better with happy healthy chickens in it.

Sounds like that place needs to be reported to the authorities. That's unsafe for both birds and the humans who care for and consume them!
Well some of the chickens come out of state right... I think some from PA and it's a long journey and stressful for them I'm sure. But then they get taken to a facility that I'm POSITIVE doesn't clean the cages and I didn't realize it was them until I got my second sick chicken from them

Is she also getting the pills orally?

Back
Top Bottom