Visitation hours are over!!

I haven't read this entire discussion, and I don't know if the caged hen has any bleeding wounds. So forgive me for jumping in here like this.

But I wanted to say that from what I'm reading thus far, I see no reason why they should be kept apart from each other. They grew up together and came from the same place, and they're sharing the same air space.

I'm certain depression played a significant role in my hen's rapid decline last year and her death. Unless a chicken has bleeding wounds, I'm not likely to separate them anymore.

I haven't read this entire discussion, and I don't know if the caged hen has any bleeding wounds. So forgive me for jumping in here like this.

But I wanted to say that from what I'm reading thus far, I see no reason why they should be kept apart from each other. They grew up together and came from the same place, and they're sharing the same air space.

I'm certain depression played a significant role in my hen's rapid decline last year and her death. Unless a chicken has bleeding wounds, I'm not likely to separate them anymore.
thanks for making that very simple lol I've been very stressed and people have been unloading a lot of things on me

Ha, and now I'm reading several other similar comments to mine. :p

The reason I separated Dune Buggy from the others last year was due to my inexperience and the huge amount of comments on BYC that say to do just that. You must isolate them or they'll all die!!

But the depression and anxiety from the separation ended up killing her. Lesson learned: Listen to your intuition. It was there but I ignored it and she died.

I'd give them some bedding and other creature comforts, as well. When you're sick, you need to be comfortable to feel better. So do they!

I'd give them some bedding and other creature comforts, as well. When you're sick, you need to be comfortable to feel better. So do they!
I can't explain why, but my chickens seem to relax when I read them children's books written in Japanese. They're the only ones who want to hear me speaking Japanese. Every morning I sit down near them while they're foraging and read aloud.

I wonder if Japanese is like Mozart for chickens.

I can't explain why, but my chickens seem to relax when I read them children's books written in Japanese. They're the only ones who want to hear me speaking Japanese. Every morning I sit down near them while they're foraging and read aloud.

I wonder if Japanese is like Mozart for chickens.
My road island red is IN LOVE with me. I'm her rooster and she has the biggest crush on me lol she can't seem to get enough of me and wants me to be with her all the time

Back
Top Bottom