Visiting other BYCers is dangerous.

froggie71

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Shamong, NJ
So the past 3 weekends we have visited a bunch of BYCers. 1st it was chickenstock in New Tripoli, PA. That is where we brought home 8 new babies and a dozen hatching eggs. We met a ton of BYCers there. Everyone was just great and definitely dangerous to be around. Then last weekend we drove an hour to south Jersey and picked up 2 goslings and brought home a bunch of eggs (call and maybe mandarin). Finally yesterday we took a 3 hour drive to Maryland and brought home another gosling and 10 chicks.
th.gif
I think we need to stop visiting BYCers. We are almost finished building yet another coop and I already think expansions will be required!
hide.gif

Last edited:
Lucky for me I live in Australia then...members here are fairly well spread out all over the country....and besides....I have my hands more than full with hatching my own duck eggs...I have way too many to incubate them all.

Maybe when you hatch some of those eggs... You should invite some BYCers to come visit you!!

Ha! I thought that this thread was going to be about biosecurity and transmission of chicken diseases from one flock to another.
lol.png

I got my very first chickens from Carole at Fowlvisions almost a year ago...
I still have the "girls" I got from her, they will be here until the day they die...
Since then I have bought from many other bycers, eggs, chickens, cages, whatever.
This is the best community ever! (although DH may not see it that way
roll.png
)

BYC members all seem to have a rather sick addiction to wanting more poultry than any of us really need, and it doesn't help that most of us are enablers.
gig.gif
Well I must be off to the Psychiatrist for help with this egg addiction.
lau.gif
Though I am not sure if I am the addicted or the enabler, maybe both.
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Eek. I get in enough trouble buying hatching eggs from BYCers that dont live close!
I havent taken the step to meet any yet though I know of several around here.(shy
sad.png
)

Okay... so note to self... if I find myself with too many critters make a sign (simlar to one I saw that the store)

Unattended children will be given a dozen chicks and espresso

Mwahahah...

Seriously though, I've got two BR/Amer EEs (I hope) in my shower as we speak...
That's from meeting ONE BYCer... can't imagine if we got together in a big flock.

Back
Top Bottom