vitamins and electrolytes "plus"

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenbottom, Oct 24, 2010.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i have 22 birds and a 5 gallon waterer. how much do i give them? its a 4 ounce bag and its powdered. does 1 teaspoon sound about right or less? thank you i dont want to kill them

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i know its only been 30 minutes but i would like to give it to them now. also am i able to eat their eggs while they are on this? thank you

3. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    That requires a lot of math...I have calculated it out before, but no longer have the info cause I ran out of those vitamins and will have to refigure when I get more.

The bag I got had to be diluted before it was put into the water at all..I hated it cause I had to take 1 packet, divide it into a certain amount for a 1 gallon container and then add that diluted solution into the gallon waterers cause I didn't want to make up thousands of gallons at once. I hope you didn't get that one!

4. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  5. Handbags088

Handbags088 New Egg

Oct 24, 2010
    The idea here is to then worm again when they molt, since egg production during molt is much lower, however, since the wormer I used is used on people in other countries, I am not sure I will discard eggs or not. I certaintly would not sell them. but for personal use, I am still on the fence.

6. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:im not sure what your saying here. i need things explained lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by