Vitamins for chicks

Enilcita28

Chirping
Mar 14, 2019
Is this good to use for baby chicks (5-6 weeks old)? This is what I have in hand. If not, what do you guys use to keep your flock healthy? They are getting out of CORID treatment so I need to give them vitamins.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220312-103355.png
    Screenshot_20220312-103355.png
    699.4 KB · Views: 20
Is this good to use for baby chicks (5-6 weeks old)? This is what I have in hand. If not, what do you guys use to keep your flock healthy? They are getting out of CORID treatment so I need to give them vitamins.
Yes..that is fine.

You don't NEED to give added/extra vitamins if you are feeding a complete balanced feed of ONLY chick crumble.

Last edited:
Yes..that is fine.

You don't NEED to give added/extra vitamins if you are feeding a complete balanced feed of ONLY chick crumble.
They are on medicated chick crumbles. But it rains a lot in our area so humidity increases diseases and parasites which I hate. I need to keep their immune system high. Within the past year we've lost many birds. They all got sick from flooding. We are working on raising the ground levels and try to keep them healthy. Central Florida swamp 👎🏻

They are on medicated chick crumbles. But it rains a lot in our area so humidity increases diseases and parasites which I hate. I need to keep their immune system high. Within the past year we've lost many birds. They all got sick from flooding. We are working on raising the ground levels and try to keep them healthy. Central Florida swamp 👎🏻
Are you aware that the stuff in a medicated chick crumble is to help prevent coccidiosis?
It's not really a medicine per se.

Are you aware that the stuff in a medicated chick crumble is to help prevent coccidiosis?
It's not really a medicine per se.
I know the medicated feed has some aprolium but obviously was not enough to keep them from getting sick. Some were lethargic and had bloody poop. I just weaned them from the CORID and started them on vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom