Vitamins always?

cheldi

Chirping
Mar 24, 2024
Pennsylvania, USA
We got these vitamins for our new chicks. Do y'all keep giving these long-term? If not, for how long, or only in what circumstances? (We are starting out with Kalmbach organic starter grower, if what you feed impacts your vitamin decision)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-074142.png
    Screenshot_20240418-074142.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Agree. First few days I give Nutridrench, very similar to the product you're showing. Then just starter with water added (they love the mash.) I would discontinue additional supplements after a few days. They just need a quality commercial feed and clean water. You might break it out later or next time you have a batch of chicks.

Some people take vitamins regularly because they have a known medical deficiency. That make good sense to me. Some people take all kinds of vitamins and other supplements just because they can. They don't have any known problems. I guess that makes sense to them but it doesn't to me.

I only treat when I have something specific to treat. I try to give my chickens a balanced healthy diet and clean water. That's all they get unless I see a specific need. Then I address that need.

I see nothing wrong with giving them something like electrolytes when you first get them. Shipping can be hard on them, especially if they are delayed in transit. A quick boost of energy can be good. But I don't do that as a regular everyday supplement. Mine don't seem to need it.

Back
Top Bottom