Viva Las Vegas!

We have changed our minds. We are going to get some chicks today. Any breeds you suggest for the desert? Thanks for the input .

Delaware are really good. I wouldn't get a black bird to start out with or any Orps either. My Leghorn's and EE's have done well here, too.

We are in the Winchester area near boulder station. My boyfriend built a great chicken coop and we are ready to get started. I'm a little nervous about taking care of chicks because I have to small children also but I know it will be worth it! We are excited!

Me, too! Hello neighbors!

Anyone in Henderson or Vegas growing there own meal worms? my daughter has to collect bugs and do like a life cycle so if some one has like 1 of each larva, worm, big nasty black bug adult I could have there suppose to be alive when she gets them then sick them in bottle with cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol to kill them but I am thinking freezing might work too in the end she has to put needs through them as display, if anyone can help please let me know. thank you

Hello! I'm here in Las Vegas and was wondering when do you put your chicks out into the coop this time of year? I have two chicks that are going on four weeks. One has a ways to go before she has all her feathers and the other has almost half of hers. I'm thinking I would have the heat lamp out for them at night. They go out to the coop right now in the afternoons and love it! They are getting a bit restless in the brooder. Any suggestions?

they should be able to now if you put a heat lamp out at night you just have to be very careful with the heat lamp there have been many coop fires caused by heat lamps. as long as they have a way to get warm and away to get away from the heat when there hot.

Hello. I thought I would post an idea for this summer that I'm going to try for my flock this summer. Fill a 2L bottle most of the way with water and freeze it. I'm going to start with four so I can rotate them out. Put them out in the coop in the shade or wherever your girls hang out so they can lay against them to help cool off. We used to do this for our pet rabbits when I was a kid. Just an idea, don't know it it will work or no.

Wonder what they will look like... Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom