Viva Las Vegas!

My 5yo daughter has earned the title of "The Chicken Whisperer" lol the chickens all follow her around and never run from her (they are generally friendly). Yesterday she went in the backyard and asked if she could let the chickens out, I said sure and to let me know when she wanted help putting them back in the coop... I expected her to get bored fast. She was out there for an hour and finally came in claiming she got all the chickens back in the coop and only one was being stubborn, by herself :hmm
She's awesome! I've seen them follow her around. She plays with them like they are her babies.

My 5yo daughter has earned the title of "The Chicken Whisperer" lol the chickens all follow her around and never run from her (they are generally friendly). Yesterday she went in the backyard and asked if she could let the chickens out, I said sure and to let me know when she wanted help putting them back in the coop... I expected her to get bored fast. She was out there for an hour and finally came in claiming she got all the chickens back in the coop and only one was being stubborn, by herself :hmm

Great pics! Is the second one a RIR? Out of curiosity, how old is she and do you know how much she weighs? I'm working on trying to figure out if my RIR girl is banty or not. Still new to all of this, lol.

Sin City Chicks

Yes the second one is a RIR :) She is actually the smallest of our flock, even though they are the same age. Just like people there is a range of sizes that is considered normal. I have a RIR that is noticeably bigger (Fluttershy) than the rest and then the one in the pic with my daughter that is smaller (Scootaloo), Scootaloo weighs about 2.5lbs and my bigger chicken weighs about 3lbs. My brother in law has one and it is TINY, it's full grown and I can hold it in one hand. My chickens are 4 months old and already about 2x the size of his banty hen, they still have some filling out to do before they're done growing. Here's a pic of his banty in the yard with a fully grown hen:

I had the same doubts about my smaller hen, but after seeing his banty I realized my Scootaloo is just a bit on the small side, but not a banty lol Hope this helps :)

Yes the second one is a RIR :) She is actually the smallest of our flock, even though they are the same age. Just like people there is a range of sizes that is considered normal. I have a RIR that is noticeably bigger (Fluttershy) than the rest and then the one in the pic with my daughter that is smaller (Scootaloo), Scootaloo weighs about 2.5lbs and my bigger chicken weighs about 3lbs. My brother in law has one and it is TINY, it's full grown and I can hold it in one hand. My chickens are 4 months old and already about 2x the size of his banty hen, they still have some filling out to do before they're done growing. Here's a pic of his banty in the yard with a fully grown hen:

I had the same doubts about my smaller hen, but after seeing his banty I realized my Scootaloo is just a bit on the small side, but not a banty lol Hope this helps :)

This definitely helps, thank you! We will keep an eye on her as she matures. She may just end up being a small hen. We can't come to any conclusions just yet, she isn't even laying yet. Thank you so much for the picture!

Sin City Chicks

Just in case anyone is interested.

I have two BLRW Roos and a Barred Marans roo available. Let me know if you want one.

Ricki
Are these from the ones we went in on? I didn't think we got any BLRW. I ended up with only one Cuckoo Marans and it is also a boy. I also think my Blue Ameraucana and one of the two Blue Splash Marans are boys too. That means I have a Wheaten Ameraucana girl and (hopefully) a Barnevelder girl and a Blue Splash Marans girl.

Are these from the ones we went in on? I didn't think we got any BLRW. I ended up with only one Cuckoo Marans and it is also a boy. I also think my Blue Ameraucana and one of the two Blue Splash Marans are boys too. That means I have a Wheaten Ameraucana girl and (hopefully) a Barnevelder girl and a Blue Splash Marans girl.

No, I picked up the BLRW when I was in Cali. The barred marans is from the batch we split. I gave the Barnvelders away and the blue Americauna and blue marans are hens.

Back
Top Bottom