Viva Las Vegas!

Friend of mine has my Wellie roo and some hens still I think. I've got the BCM roo in with asst Marans, Ameraucanas, EE, and olive eggers; Del in with a Del hen, Wellies, and asst others; and the blue-wheaten Ameraucana roo in with RIR, Anconas, black giant, blue Andalusian, and asst others.

Thanks for the pics. For mounting the bucket feeders use plumber's tape.

See you at the fair maybe.
cool.png

I disagree about the orps!! I have had orps for three years in las Vegas and they absolutely thrive; they adjust to the heat the same as we do. I've never had any problems whatsoever and I even have blacks! I have a black dog too and she's fine as well ;).

Then last week we were at Cal Ranch looking for some poultry watering nipples ( If anyone has 3 or four for sale locally let me know) and they had a few bantams left so I introduce to you...Nugget!

I almost got one the other day! It was SO hard to,walk away. Very cute!!

I see nipples locally. PM me or send or see my CL add search nipples :)

Tumbleweed33- I would love to buy some, I will PM you.

I put the little ones outside for the first time tonight, my window is open so I can hear if they need me ;). Now I need to get the run built! I am trying to figure out how to use my dropper system line to refill the waterer when it comes on. The lines are in place, I'm just not sure what kind of waterer to use. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.
thanks

Hey everyone, I live in northwest Vegas right across the street from Floyd Lamb. I have one acre with two horses, a flock of blue and black orps, two dogs, a cat, and some pond fish! I'm looking to acquire BCM and cream legbars locally; is there anyone that has hatching eggs in town? I would love to buy some from you!

Friend of mine has my Wellie roo and some hens still I think. I've got the BCM roo in with asst Marans, Ameraucanas, EE, and olive eggers; Del in with a Del hen, Wellies, and asst others; and the blue-wheaten Ameraucana roo in with RIR, Anconas, black giant, blue Andalusian, and asst others.

Thanks for the pics. For mounting the bucket feeders use plumber's tape.

See you at the fair maybe.
cool.png
Thanks for the rundown on Roo placement. I will call you with my wishlist and visit soon. Promise!

Hey, good idea about the plumber's tape. Thanks. Wish I could've made it to the fair but I'm so far behind on garden/chicken/house work that I couldn't spare the time. I even had to do my taxes today. Like I said, SO behind, and freaking out because summer is just around the corner.

I see nipples locally. PM me or send or see my CL add search nipples
smile.png

Welcome to the Las Vegas thread Tumbleweed33!!!

Ahem. This sounds a bit awkward though I know, well I HOPE I know what you mean.
wink.png
I can just hear the comments about Vegas, strippers and such. Just sayin'.
big_smile.png

I disagree about the orps!! I have had orps for three years in las Vegas and they absolutely thrive; they adjust to the heat the same as we do. I've never had any problems whatsoever and I even have blacks! I have a black dog too and she's fine as well
wink.png

I'm so glad that you have had such success! I think it could have to do with location and set up as well as individual chickens. My comment was based on my experience with my chickens and those of others I know. I did have one Buff Orp. She lived a good many years but summers were hard. I do have some black hens, mostly BCM mixes that do reasonably well but I know of other's BCMs that did not fair so well. I think summer is hard on ALL my birds...and me! Glad you've got that figured out.

We do have some folks here that breed BCM. You could PM Holly31, ke_ben, or (I think) muckmuck regarding hatching eggs. Not sure if anyone sells started pullets or cockerals. I don't know of anyone locally that has Cream Legbars but I'd love to get some, too!

I got a nice surprise this weekend.

These two girls had been setting on a big ole pile of eggs and I thought they were past due.

I guess not.

As of today there are six of the little fluff balls. So far all of them have black skin and 5 toes.

I got a nice surprise this weekend.
These two girls had been setting on a big ole pile of eggs and I thought they were past due.
I guess not.

As of today there are six of the little fluff balls. So far all of them have black skin and 5 toes.

Awwww! Congrats! I like that kind of surprise!

I guess you know who the babies momma is ... which roo is the baby daddy?

Thanks for the rundown on Roo placement. I will call you with my wishlist and visit soon. Promise! Hey, good idea about the plumber's tape. Thanks. Wish I could've made it to the fair but I'm so far behind on garden/chicken/house work that I couldn't spare the time. I even had to do my taxes today. Like I said, SO behind, and freaking out because summer is just around the corner. Welcome to the Las Vegas thread Tumbleweed33!!! Ahem. This sounds a bit awkward though I know, well I HOPE I know what you mean.
wink.png
I can just hear the comments about Vegas, strippers and such. Just sayin'.
big_smile.png
I'm so glad that you have had such success! I think it could have to do with location and set up as well as individual chickens. My comment was based on my experience with my chickens and those of others I know. I did have one Buff Orp. She lived a good many years but summers were hard. I do have some black hens, mostly BCM mixes that do reasonably well but I know of other's BCMs that did not fair so well. I think summer is hard on ALL my birds...and me! Glad you've got that figured out. We do have some folks here that breed BCM. You could PM Holly31, ke_ben, or (I think) muckmuck regarding hatching eggs. Not sure if anyone sells started pullets or cockerals. I don't know of anyone locally that has Cream Legbars but I'd love to get some, too!
Thanks for the welcome and all the info :). I meant search the nipples term in the F&G section of CL
1f601.png
yes I can see all the craziness that term could bring up......! I have a different shade hangouts that the girls hang out in, so maybe that has helped them (it's also just a few degrees cooler over here). So I'm really upset that I didnt it to the chicken fair this year; is it just once a year?

Back
Top Bottom