Viva Las Vegas!

Hi everyone! I am new to chicken mommy hood here in Vegas, anyone know where I can get Nutri-Drench in town of of my 2 day olds has been doing poorly from the start. :(

Creamof's feathers shine very purple, beautiful in person. Tumbleweed, it's from a Blue Orp/Black Orp tryst we got got from you. Of course I'm not sure exaclty who's egg. Ever seen a purple chicken before? I tried the feather checking for sex on days 3 and 4. On day 3, I thought it was a hen, on day 4, a roo. Guess we'll wait and see.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Some of the black Orps will have a green or purple (or both!) sheen to them, some more than others. From my research, only breeds specifically bred to be sexed by feathers are able to be sexed this way. Awhile ago I finally realized that with the Orps, the chicks that develop tail feathers first are usually females :) maybe that will help? Usually around 1-2 weeks. From this picture I would guess it is a Roo; small feathers around the base of the tail awaiting the long tail feathers.

Creamof's feathers shine very purple, beautiful in person. Tumbleweed, it's from a Blue Orp/Black Orp tryst we got got from you. Of course I'm not sure exaclty who's egg. Ever seen a purple chicken before? I tried the feather checking for sex on days 3 and 4. On day 3, I thought it was a hen, on day 4, a roo. Guess we'll wait and see.
Hi everyone! I am new to chicken mommy hood here in Vegas, anyone know where I can get Nutri-Drench in town of of my 2 day olds has been doing poorly from the start. :(
Hey there! If you can't find it, and even if you do, I would suggest getting some good quality eggs, boiling them and feeding the yolks. Lots of nutrition and exactly what they need :) good luck!

Hey there! If you can't find it, and even if you do, I would suggest getting some good quality eggs, boiling them and feeding the yolks. Lots of nutrition and exactly what they need
smile.png
good luck!

Thank You but Teeni died last night I found her at 3 in the morning. She had a nice last evening eating mash and playing with her pen mates but she just wasn't strong enough, very hard for me, my first flock, my first sick bird and first death. But now I have time to get to know the res of the flock

She was a sweet bird...

All of the adults in my flock got wiped out by a dog, my juveniles survived because they were in a separate aviary. Since then my son had a secure chain link fence installed that should keep his husky outta my chickens! Have I mentioned I don't have much use for huskies? My wife has been trying to rebuild my stock and has got me 4 cream legbar pullets and 1 roo from the San Diego area, then 1 CL roo, 2 CL pullets, 2 Blue orp pullets, 2 Lemon Cuckoo Orp pullets, and 1 Lavendar Orp pullet from Fallon.

Above is the CL Roo from Fallon

CL pullet from CA

CL pullet from Fallon

CL Roo from CA

Above are more angles of the CL Pullets from Fallon

One of the Blue Orps

A Lemon Cuckoo Orp

The Lavendar Orp

Lemon Cuckoo Orp

Both of the Lemon Cuckoo Orps

The other Blue Orp

The above two shots are the lag one of the blues and one of the CL from Fallon