Voice sexing runners

lesleysprite

Hatching
May 20, 2017
Hi, I have my first runner ducks, they were 5 weeks old yesterday -should I be able to tell if they are male or female by now? I can hear the difference in quacks on recording on youtube, but when I listen to my own ducks the mixture of quacks and cheeps makes it hard to compare them to each other, perhaps they are all boys and that's why I can't hear much of a difference!

Any tips, by what age do people fins they can clearly tell?

I'm also curious if anyone has noticed a difference in temperament between young males and females -I have 2 very docile and 2 very skittish ducks. thanks a lot!

Hi, I have my first runner ducks, they were 5 weeks old yesterday -should I be able to tell if they are male or female by now? I can hear the difference in quacks on recording on youtube, but when I listen to my own ducks the mixture of quacks and cheeps makes it hard to compare them to each other, perhaps they are all boys and that's why I can't hear much of a difference!

Any tips, by what age do people fins they can clearly tell?

I'm also curious if anyone has noticed a difference in temperament between young males and females -I have 2 very docile and 2 very skittish ducks. thanks a lot!

Following to learn. Mine are 7 weeks old and I am still SMH. (my brother assures me this "means shaking my head" - hope I didn't just insult someones mother!)

The youtube videos confused me.

Nope, everyone wags :D
But....if one is quacking occasionally, there is no doubt. Males will never quack. Ever.
So you have one girl, and maybe another. They dont all change at once. However, males do take longer to make male sounds, than girls take to make girl sounds. So if one is still peeping for a while longer, it may be a drake ;)

Back
Top Bottom