Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Count me in! I will have to work that day, If i am there by four, do you think it will still be going? I can bring whatever is needed....Will follow the thread.......

Quote:
There is going to be a need for paper plates, plastic forks and knives, napkins (possibly), rolls, ahh...well picnic type stuff. Condiments? There is stuff that doesn't require cooking. Water or soda. I don't think a total list has been made up yet, but you don't have to cook if that isn't your thing....you can "buy" your way out at Walmart.
lau.gif

(Where is he building these bunkers? Our land is too wet for one, we might go halvsies on one with him. LOL)

Quote:
Children live at the hostess's house and I think someone else meantioned bringing children. Bring something for them to do (soccor balls?) if none of the other children are your children's age.

Do you want to buy or sell birds? If you want to buy, post it here and see if someone has them and will bring them to this event. Are you trying to sell birds? Post them here and see if someone is coming that wants to buy them.

I know I would like to buy a few birds. I have an empty 3/4 built coop. I need some chickens in there laying my breakfast.

Well I only have mixed breed egg laying chickens that I could bring eggs from or young chicks that I will hatch out around that time. Not sure if anyone will want to buy them or not but definitely could bring some if someone is interested. I am wanting to get some turkey eggs/poults and maybe khaki campbell eggs/ducklings. We already ordered over 30, day old chicks from a hatchery that are due to arrive in May so we don't really need more chicks. Unless of course someone has some Marans or dark brown egg layers.

jumpy.gif
A RAFFLE!!!!
jumpy.gif

Just to make it more interesting to attend we are going to have a raffle at our Pot Luck !!!!

Annie is in charge of this shindig. PM her regarding attending and what is needed.

In order to allow our generous hostess to concentrate on the details, I have offered (and she has accepted my help) to run the raffle. So here are the details:

We are soliciting donations to our raffle.

Raffle proceeds will go to the host family to offset any costs they may incur. (think lots of toilet paper, extra garbage removal, ice, etc)

Anyone who brings something for the raffle will get THREE (3) free tickets to put in the cup of items they are interested in for themselves. FREE!!! Bring a chick or two to donate, get 3 free tickets. Bring a dozen or even a half dozen hatching eggs get 3 free tickets. Bring BOTH? Get 6 tickets for FREE.

You are welcome to post what you are bringing on this thread, but to be sure it doesn't get lost in the conversation, feel free to PM me. I will update this post as items are "donated" so others know how much money to bring. LOL No, so everyone knows what is available in the raffle in advance...if chicks are donated and you think you would like to win them, you might want to bring a BOX. (cooler for eggs, etc)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

TICKETS WILL BE 8 for $5 --OR--20 for $10. I will have some change, but please bring small bills if possible....I know ATM's spit out $20's, but I won't be able to break 20's for everyone

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

(also seeking volunteers to sell raffle tickets the day of the Pot Luck. You can just carry them around as you chat and collect the money at the end of the conversation. I'll pre-tear them into $5 and $10 lengths)

Chicken items are very welcome.

Donated items don't have to be chicken related. At another event someone is donating an afgan. A wonderful idea if someone whats to do it, but the point is anything of interest to people (thereby raising ticket sales and money for host family) is welcome.

Donated items don't have to be 100% new. Regifting is ok. That 1/2 gallon waterer (that you just HAD TO HAVE and turned out to need filling 4 times a day so you used it for 2 days and got a bigger one) and still looks new might be exactly what someone else needs for their 2 new chicks or quarentine area. Just make sure it is 100% working and 99% perfect (washed out/directions enclosed, etc).

Person: Item:
Cass 1# Dukin' Donuts Coffee and cups (you win this you save at least $1.99 after your raffle ticket purchase)
featherz 1 Gallon Oxine
Hollie Something chicken...will let us know what when it gets closer
RebelINny quail or chicken eggs/chicks/buttons
Henicillin Wine Basket (woohoo, Cass is bring a LOT of money for tickets)
Muggsmagee Welsummer and Lav/Split Lav Ameraucana Hatching Eggs
ladylibra 6+ light cornish game bird hatching eggs and some homemade goddess dolls.
HappyHensny (Annie) picnic backpack --Has "Friends" embroidered on it, from the tv show. Has full service for 2 plates, wine glasses, etc
Cass Worlds best White Silkie Roo....and I mean he is WONDERFUL...trained him myself (19 wks, wormed/dusted for mites recently)
Horsekeeper chicken treat ball toy and a windchime
Andersons Homemade Pickles. YUM!!!
Friend of Ladylibra Pair of Silkies (unknown color)

Last edited:
I'll definitely bring something for the raffle.. either chicks or eggs or equipment. I'll have to say what as we get closer.. One question, if live animals are included in a raffle, is it something you can opt out of? I might not have a place to put those baby emu, for example.
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL...For JUST THAT REASON I am going to set up a table with a separate cup for each item. If you want to win an item you put one of your tickets in the cup for that item. If an item doesn't interest you, you don't put a ticket in that item's cup. (I finally got wise to using this system when I won a pound of coffee and a bottle of wine at a family reunion. I HATE coffee and don't drink)

And what do you mean you don't have room for a baby emu. It's just a large CHICK and you LOVE chicks.
gig.gif

Quote:
LOL...For JUST THAT REASON I am going to set up a table with a separate cup for each item. If you want to win an item you put one of your tickets in the cup for that item. If an item doesn't interest you, you don't put a ticket in that item's cup. (I finally got wise to using this system when I won a pound of coffee and a bottle of wine at a family reunion. I HATE coffee and don't drink)

And what do you mean you don't have room for a baby emu. It's just a large CHICK and you LOVE chicks.
gig.gif

This is a super idea - a "Chinese Raffle" LOVE IT!

Back
Top Bottom