Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
LOL...For JUST THAT REASON I am going to set up a table with a separate cup for each item. If you want to win an item you put one of your tickets in the cup for that item. If an item doesn't interest you, you don't put a ticket in that item's cup. (I finally got wise to using this system when I won a pound of coffee and a bottle of wine at a family reunion. I HATE coffee and don't drink)

And what do you mean you don't have room for a baby emu. It's just a large CHICK and you LOVE chicks.
gig.gif

This is a super idea - a "Chinese Raffle" LOVE IT!

/agree!! that's an awesome idea!! (I don't like coffee and don't drink either.. lol).. As for the baby emu.. hmmm..

Quote:
This is a super idea - a "Chinese Raffle" LOVE IT!

/agree!! that's an awesome idea!! (I don't like coffee and don't drink either.. lol).. As for the baby emu.. hmmm..

I always wanted an Emu.
big_smile.png

Quote:

I always wanted an Emu.
big_smile.png

I have space for an Emu and I Bet I wouldn't have to worry about hawks with one wandering around. However I always wanted an ostrich, emus are too small.
lau.gif

Edited to add: Imagine an silkie sitting on an ostrich egg and then raising the chick. OMG, that would be soooo funny.

Last edited:
I dont mind bringing birds at all if I come

I can bring lavender silkies and split if anyone is interested? they will be anywhere from 1 week olds to 3-4 months olds

Quote:
I'd be interested in an older silkie. Only have money to trade for it however, cuz I don't have a SINGLE CHICKEN yet. LOL (so no eggs either)

Quote:
I'd be interested in an older silkie. Only have money to trade for it however, cuz I don't have a SINGLE CHICKEN yet. LOL (so no eggs either)

Come by and see my D'uccles if you are in the area! When you have the coop built, of course. Another egg today!!
smile.png
(I hope they get a little bigger.. these are TINY)..

As for silkies, I fell under the mind control last year and managed to resist but..... I miss them! I just kept worrying that the cats would eat them.

If people are thinking of things to donate, I want more turken eggs! Oh, and jersey giant eggs.
smile.png
and and and.. Oh, I'll think of something.

Last edited:
Quote:

LOL... when I bring birds to these things-it's to sell -money would be great-I dont trade birds but I do buy hatching eggs-very rarely, if ever, do I bring birds onto my property-only if I desperately needed one for breeding-I do love to hatch me some eggs:) mauauaua It's all the quaranteening I dont like to deal with:-(

Back
Top Bottom